Chapter 13: Explanations

It been 3 days since my date with Aya. It's currently lunch time at school and I'm explaining to Alisa my plan to talk to Aya and prevent what may possibly cause issues within Pastel Palettes.

"I don't know, you may be overthinking this." Alisa voices out her opinion.

"But it's been on my mind since then. I don't wanna cause a rift between friends." I say to Alisa while stressed out.

"Well, if it's bothering you that much, may be you should." Alisa says. "Just be be careful with what you say."

"Yeah." I nod in reply.

"Do you need me to come with you?" Alisa offers.

"No. I should handle this by myself." I turn down her offer.

"Okay." She replies. "Just call me if you need anything."

The school bell rings, ending lunch and classes soon resume. I'll call Aya after school and have her meet me so that I can explain the situation.

--------------------

After School

I'm currently at the fountain at the park waiting for Aya.

"(Y/N)!" I turn to the side and see Aya running towards me wearing her school uniform.

"Thanks for coming to see me Aya." I say to her.

"You said it was important." Aya says.

"Let's take a seat first." I say pointing at a bench.

"So, what is it about?" Aya asks after we sit down.

"Aya, I need you to be understanding and listen to me before you react." I turn to look at Aya seriously.

"Okay." Aya nods. I take a deep breath and steel myself.

"It's that 4 of the girls that I like... Are your band mates..." I admit to Aya.

"Hina-chan, Chisato-chan, Maya-chan and Eve-chan?" Aya asks.

"Yes." I nod.

"But I need you to understand Aya. That whatever happens, no matter who I like, you'll all still be friends. I don't want to cause a rift between Pastel Palettes because I had feelings for each of you." I explain to Aya as she continues to silently listen.

"I'll be blunt, a boyfriend can be replaced, friends are hard to find. In all honesty, I would prioritize my friendship with Alisa over a girlfriend." I continue to explain. "So please don't let anything ruin your friendship, especially an idiot like me."

Aya contemplates what I said in silence for a few minutes.

"I understand (Y/N)." Aya says nodding. "You're right, friends are important. I won't let this ruin Pastel Palettes. Especially since we've been through a lot together."

"Thank you Aya, I'm glad to hear that." I say with a sigh of relief.

"You really are a nice guy. Worrying about my relationship with Pastel Palettes instead of trying to get with me." Aya says giggling.

"Of course, friends, especially real ones, are very important and hard to find." I tell her. "And I still need some sorting out to do."

"But I still don't plan to lose." Aya says then all of sudden she moves closer and leans her head on my shoulder.

"A-aya?" I stutter out.

"Can we stay like this for a while? You feel warm." Aya asks closing her eyes.