Chapter 21: A Boppin' Date!

"Well, that's everything on the shopping list. We should head back." Marina says checking the shopping list. "Hmm? Isn't that Hina-chan? Who's she talking to?"

"Maybe a fan?" I reply.

"Ah, you're Hina-san from Pastel Palettes! I'm a big fan! Can I shake your hand?" The girl who must be a fan excitedly says.

"My hand? Sure! So wait, you're a fan of mine?" Hina says as she shaker the girl's hand.

"Yup! I've been following you since your debut! I was also at your meet and greet the other day!" The girl says excitedly.

"Really? That's great! How was it? Did you have fun? What was fun about it? Would you come back if we did another one?" Hina says in rapid succession.

"Ahaha, a ball of energy, just like you were at the event! I love you so much, Hina-san!"

"What do you love about me? Everyone always says that they don't get me. So I'd really like know mo-" Hina asks as she gets close to the girl.

"Whoa, Hina-chan! Hold on! Slow down!" Marina says as she approaches Hina.

"Easy there!" I say as I follow behind Marina.

"Ah, Marina-san and (Y/N)! Something wrong?" Hina says as she turns to us.

"Hina-chan, you can't just keep asking question after question like that!" Marina says.

"That's right, you should give her a chance to answer." I follow up.

"Oh, it's totally fine! I'm just glad to know Hina-san's the same during her off time as she is on stage! I need to get going, but I'll be sure to check out your next concert! See ya~!" The girl says before leaving and waving goodbye to Hina.

"Wow~! Thank you so much! 'Kay, bye-bye!" Hina waves back to the girl. "There they go. *sigh* I wish we could have talked some more~!"

"Ah, that person said they're a fan of mine! So I was asking them all sorts of questions!" Hina says.

"Y-yeah... I could tell... That was really intense, Hina-chan." Marina says.

"Yeah, you were getting in her face." I say.

"Huh? Really? I feel like I was the same way at our meet and greet the other day." Hina wonders.

"Y-you were...?" Marina says.

"The meet and greet we had was super interesting!" Hina says excitedly. "A bunch of people I've never met came, and apparently, they were all fans of mine and Pastel Palettes!"

"I really wanted to know why they were my fans, so I made sure to ask lots and lots of questions! Although, our staff members kept stopping me halfway through. And then, after talking to all those people, I noticed something! There wasn't a single person there that thought like me! Not one! Isn't that kinda cool?! That's why everyone says they don't understand me~. Crazy, right~?" Hina tells us.

"Fufu, I can tell you had a great time from how excited you are right now." Marina says.

"She really was." I say.

"And I noticed one more thing! The members of Pastel Palettes are different from everyone else too! I don't understand other people at all, and they certainly don't understand me, but everyone in Pastel Palettes at least tries... It makes me happy to know there are people out there that don't just say "I don't get her" and move on." Hina continues on.

"That makes sense. If you wanna understand someone, you have to start by getting close to them first." Marina tells Hina. "And everyone in Pastel Palettes really loves you, Hina-chan. That's why they're trying to build a closer relationship. That's the reason they're doing their best to understand you."