Prologue: CiRCLE

Author's Notes

Hello everyone, I'm JAM1911, you can just call me JAM. This is my first ever story, so constructive criticism is very much  appreciated. Please feel free to make suggestions.

The girls in the Harem will be: Yukina, Lisa, Sayo, Aya, Hina and Maya. If you want me to add Ako, Rinko, Chisato and Eve to the harem please tell me so.

Thank you for checking this story out and please enjoy!

--------------------

It was after school, and I was walking around with my long pink-haired blue-eyed best friend Alisa looking for something to do.

"What should we do today, any ideas (Y/N)?" Alisa asks me.

"No idea." I reply.

"Hmmm... Maybe we should look for part-time work?" Alisa and I have been talking about looking for a part-time job for a while now since we're already 2nd year high school students.

"Maybe." I say unsure.

"It would be great to find a place where we can both work at won't it?"

"Yeah, I'd feel better to have you around."

"You really need to learn to make friends by yourself."

"You're right, but I just don't know how to." I can talk to people just fine and can keep a conversation, but I'm still more of an introvert and usually prefer to be alone. I'm thankful that I have Alisa as my best friend.

"Oh! A live house. Let's see if they're looking for part-timers." Suddenly Alisa stops and points at a certain building.

"We're actually doing that?" I ask getting nervous.

"Yup!" Alisa gives me a nod and a small smile.

"You know that I have no experience with music or music equipment." I say.

"Yeah and I know that you'll give reasons not to work at other places." She counters with a raised eyebrow. I won't deny that, I'm really not that confident with my own skills.

"Let's just ask first okay?" She says while walking towards the live house.

"Fine." I decide to stop complaining and follow her.

"Live House CiRCLE. Let's head in." Alisa says as she heads inside with me following.

"Oh, hello there! Welcome to Live House CiRCLE." A woman with short black hair and red-pink eyes wearing a black cardigan over a blue and white striped shirt with blue jeans greets us.

"Hi, we were wondering if you have any openings for part-time work." Alisa says to the woman.

"Part-time work? Yes, we do have openings since we've been quite understaffed recently. Especially with those girls. Are you interested?" The woman replies to Alisa with a sigh. Wait I felt like somewhere in what she said had a flag in there.

"What do you think (Y/N)?" Alisa asks turning to me.

"I don't know how a live house works exactly." I reply

"Don't worry no experience is required, you can learn on the job." The woman replies to me.

"Come on, this is good work experience and we can work together. This could be interesting." Okay, why is it that when Alisa said interesting I felt like something is going to happen to me and I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad something?

"I'm not sure Alisa."

"You should try new things (Y/N)."

"Can we get a quick rundown about CiRCLE first?" I ask the woman.

"Sure thing. Basically CiRCLE is a live house that aims to promote girl bands."

"G-girl bands, as in all-girl bands?" Okay this seems to be a point of concern.

"That's right."

"Okay then, I guess I should back out since, I'm a boy." A boy working at a live house for girl bands seems awkward. This isn't some damn harem story. Why do I feel like almost broke something?

"Why would you say that (Y/N)? You're not some pervert, I know you." Alisa says.

"Won't it be awkward to have a boy work at a place for girl bands?" I reply.

"Why's that? You're just going to work here." The woman asks. Does she not get it?

"I can see what you mean but still, you're more comfortable around girls than boys." Alisa adds. It's true, at home my dad is the only other man in the house and my friends are mostly girls. So I guess it shouldn't be much of a problem for me to work here.

"Well I guess I can try... It can't be that bad." I say unsure. I hope I didn't jinx anything.

"Alright, with that we would like to apply as part-timers." Alisa turns to the Woman.

"That's great! You both seem like good people so you're both hired. It's nice to have some extra pair of hands on deck here at CiRCLE. By the way my name's Marina Tsukishima, I'm the manager of CiRCLE." Marina cheerfully introduces herself. That was quick.

"My name's Alisa Megurine, glad to be onboard." Alisa introduces herself.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I'll try my best here." I introduce myself.

"Nice to meet you both." Marina says.

"(Y/N) can I ask you a question? It might be personal though." Marina says to me.

"Sure, go ahead." I tell her.

"Why are you wearing gloves?" Marina asks me pointing at my hands which were covered with white gloves.

"It's because I have Obsessive Compulsive behaviors and the skin on my hands is thin because I wash them too much. My gloves helps me with touching things. I also don't like to be touched and avoid from physical contact when I can." I explain while looking at my gloved hands.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry if my question made you uncomfortable."

"No worries. I'm glad I could explain my situation." I assure Marina.

"Another question: are you two dating?" Seriously, this again.

"No, we're not dating. We're best friends." I explain.

"Our relationship is purely platonic." Alisa follows up.

"Sorry, guess I read it wrong." Marina says.

"So when do we start?" I ask Marina to remove the awkwardness.

"Are the two of you busy at the moment?" Marine replies.

"Nope, we were actually looking to do something when we came across CiRCLE." Alisa responds.

"In that case do you mind helping for today? I could use some help with setting up some of the equipment." Marina says

"Sure!" Alisa reply.

"Okay." I reply.

"That's great! Follow me and we'll get started. We can discuss your jobs' in detail after." Marina says as she leads us downstairs. I wonder how our new job at CiRCLE will go. I hope this could help become a better person and maybe learn to make new friends.