Chapter 29: Wedding Photo Shoot

"Let me get this straight. There's a wedding photo shoot where Eve is the bride, but the male model set to play the groom called in sick 2 days ago and you can't get a hold of another one and the shoot is on the day after tomorrow." I say. I can still feel the stares from Aya, Hina, Maya and especially from Chisato, who still has dull eyes. They've been staring at me and Eve this whole time.

"Correct." Takeba-san nods. She's the manager for Eve's modelling career.

"So Eve suggested me to play as the groom." I point to myself.

"Yes." Takeba-san nods again.

"Alright, I get it." I nod. "But I'm sorry, I don't think I'm the man for the job. I'm not even good looking enough to be in a photo shoot."

"That's not true (Y/N)-san! You are handsome!" Eve suddenly exclaims, making me blush.

"Uh... Thanks Eve. But I still don't think that I can be in a professional photo shoot." I say sadly.

"Hmm... (Y/N)-san." I turn to Takeba-san. "Could you sit still for a moment?"

"Hmm?" I sound out.

Takeba-san stands up and takes a comb from her purse then approaches me.

"Let fix you up a bit. I want to see how you look." Takeba-san says.

"I-I'm sorry, but I'm not comfortable with being touched." I say while leaning back a bit.

"Oh... I'm sorry." Takeba-san apologizes.

"Takeba-san." We both turn to Alisa standing up. "Allow me. I'll fix him up for you. He won't have a problem with me doing it."

"Alright then. Thank you Alisa-san." Takeba-san hands Alisa the comb and Alisa approaches me.

"Alright, stay still (Y/N)." Alisa says as she begins to fix my hair.

"Fine." I say in defeat.

Alisa finishes fixing my hair in at least 2 minutes.

"All done." Alisa says as she steps away and let's everyone look at me.

"You look quite good (Y/N)-san." Takeba-san says with a smile and Pastel Palettes nod in unison. "With some work, you'll do nicely in the photo shoot."

"He does! So you agree to (Y/N)-san being the groom Takeba-san?" Eve says excitedly.

"Yes, I agree Eve-san." Takeba-san replies and Eve has a big smile on her face. "His clear western appearance might even help attract attention."

"Wait! I didn't agree to it!" I yell.

"Eh? Why not (Y/N)-san?" Eve asks. Okay, the silence from the rest of Pastel Palettes is starting to unnerve me, especially Chisato's. She still hasn't calmed down.

"Well as I said, I think I don't look good enough and I'm not confident enough to do it. I heard it's as not easy as it looks" I say.

"As I said (Y/N)-san, your looks will do nicely and don't worry, it's only a photo shoot. While it's definitely not easy, you just need to follow instructions and you'll be fine. Also the pay will be worth your time, I assure you." Takeba-san explains.

"But..." I try to make a reason to disagree.

"Please (Y/N)-san!" Eve grabs hold of both my hands. "We don't any more time to look for someone else and this is my first time doing something like this, so having you be the groom would make me feel at ease."

I think about Eve's words for a moment. On one hand I think I'm not good enough for work like this. But on the other hand having me play the role of the groom will make Eve feel at ease. I look back to Eve... and she's giving me puppy dog eyes. Oh no. You know what, I'm not even gonna bother resisting anymore and just go with the flow. I mean, it's not gonna be that difficult, it's mostly posing for a good photo.