Chapter 53- Oh The Months That Followed

Authors Note:

This chapter is gonna be kinda short so umm... Yeah....

OMGG!!!!! It's All In Your Head is currently number SEVEN in
paranormal/undiscovered!!!! THATS INSANE!!!! Thank you all who read!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! This chapter is dedicated to my better half, Brinleigh Bailey (ShesWithout)!!! I love you cutie Phil ;)!!

The months that followed were strange in that I hardly remember them. You are probably asking why I don't remember. Was it a side effect of the shooting? Was she poisoned? Some thing even weirder?

No. I am happy to say that the experiment was shut down after the shooting. Damian went back to juvi. I was cleared and let back into the asylum. I saw Damian once a week and Rickey was by my side all the time. The world seemed to normalize.

Kaleb was sent to jail and Levi went missing. All kinds of things just went to normal. Hally even left me alone for sometime.

It was three years of total peace. I stopped dreaming so that meant no new reasons to panic, no awake lucid dreaming, no freak outs, just peace. I will admit that this peace was beyond strange but I feared that questioning the peace would jinx it.

You must be wondering about the address from my dream. I looked it up and it was nonexistent so I brushed it away.

Needless to say, I got to know Damian really well.

Like:

1.) his mother died when he was two

2.) his brother was a major drug addict

3.) his dad was hardly ever abusive but never around

4.) Damian has a crazy good singing voice

5.) he wants to be a doctor when he grows up

I was amazed by how crazy amazing the delinquent boy was. He was perfect despite how much Rickey absolutely hated him. Yes, Rickey still hated him. Lilly and I got close, although I never really told her all my deep dark twisty issues.

I have to say that everything was beyond strange, in an 'I live in an asylum' kind of way, but not because of events that happened; for events that didn't happen. No more suffering. No more doctors. Just us, the kids in the nut hospital, and pure peace for the months to come.

But age 14. Age 14 was the end to the peace. And that peace, to say the least, it ended with a bang.

***after those 3 years***
Waking up that morning seemed like the most casual thing in existence. I had done this for 1095 days. I sat up in my bed, ready to face an absolutely normal day, but some thing felt off. It was the type of off that you can almost feel in the air. I could feel it.

The air was filled with a thickness, like trying to swim in molasses. I got out of my bed, only in a sports bra and shorts, and looked for a shirt. My fourteen year old self didn't really give a damn what shirt it was so the first one I found, I am pretty sure it was Rickey's, I put on.

I ran out of my room, something inside me being to panic. Xander was silent, no noises were sounding, people were fine, and everything seemed as normal as it had been for the past three years.

I stopped. The common room was silent. People were just going about their business.

Why was I panicked?

I stared with curiosity swarming me. What was wrong? Just then, Rickey came running out of his room, skidding to a halt by my side.

"Wait?"

"I know..."

"Do you feel...."

"Yup..."

"What is...."

"I don't know..."

"What do you think?"

"I don't know."

Rickey turned and looked at me briefly then looked back at the common room. I could see him smile from the corner of my eye.

"Is that my shirt?"

"Yup.

"Well okay then."

"What is the feeling?"

"Maybe...."

"No." I read his mind. He thought we were just imagining it.

Without any eye contact, we turned and walked away to our rooms. I feared what this feeling was, whatever this off feeling was. I wasn't ready for something to happen. I was done with things happening.

I walked not my room, tired and confused. I don't know what Rickey did but I went straight to sleep.

And that started it all. A mere feeling to all of it coming back.

They came back.

My eyes closed as a dream began to fill my head.