Chapter 51- I Looked Up

"What do you mean he missed!"

"He wasn't trying to shoot me..."

"Who was he trying to shoot!?!"

"The shooter..."

"What! You said he was the shooter!"

"Pipe the frick down! X doesn't always tell me everything and technically, he was the shooter. Now shut up and back off!" I yelled.

"Okay. Okay, just find out who it was." She put her hand on her forehead and sighed. I focused hard, but not on James, on my memory.

Then, it came back.

**Flashback**

Staring in the glass, I watched the bullet shoot from the barrel but this time, I locked my eyes to the person I front of James not James himself. I saw his face. A face in the glass. That smile. His gun was aim, loaded, but unfired.

As the bullet went inside me, I watched the man run. I saw him coward and dart in the other direction. The reflection was my money view of him but I had looked up long enough to see him in the glass.

*now*

"Oh god!" I yelled cupping my hand over my mouth. " I looked up," I whispered. "What?" Kathy said. Tears formed in my eyes. "I looked up, Kathy. I looked. I did. And he. He was there. Looking at me. Smiling. I knew that face. He always smiled like that. He was always nice Kathy!" I sobbed.

She stared blankly back at me. "Who Katrina," she whispered grasping my shoulders and kneeling down. "Who is it?"

*Flash back*

"Don't go." Karrie pleaded. "Why would I stay here!?!" He yelled. "Why would you go with dad! Mom didn't cheat! Dad did. This is all dad's fault. So why would you want to go with him?"

"You know that dad has the money so that we can all get good educations and so that he can support me when I become a police officer." He put his hand on Kathy's shoulder and then pulled her into his embrace, kissing the top of her head as she sobbed in his arms.

"You will always be my big sister." He sighed. Kathy laughed a bit," it's weird hearing that from someone so tall." He laughed gently, releasing Kathy. I walked out of my doorway while he turned to walk out.

Being the adorable four year old I was, I tugged gently on the corner of his jacket. He smiled down at me. That smile. It was original. It carried happiness, recklessness, silliness, and everything that signaled pure enjoyment in life. He never talked to me but he always had that smile.

"I know I never talked to you but you will be fine kid. Try not to kill anyone," he knelt down to my level and hugged me quickly. Then he was gone.

*back to now*

"Kaleb...." Kathy whispered. "He became a cop when he turned twenty one. But why would he use his gun to shoot you? He never hated you. Sure he ignored you but he never hated you."

"Who is this Kaleb?" James said. "Shh..." I said covering his mouth with my hand. He sighed into my hand. "Yuck," I whispered wiping the condensation from his breath off my hand on my leggings.

"Why..." I began," would.... Why would the only brother that didn't hate me want to shoot me? Why would he want me dead?" But that moment, oh when will the moments end, a knock came on the door.

As you could imagine, gasps filled the room. This could be anyone. Could be Kaleb. Another shooter. A doctor. Anyone. So I did the only thing I knew how to do; I took over the persons mind and let them in.

And....

A/N:

Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.......

Love Ali