Chapter 45- Not Because They Are Family Prt.2

"Damian," one of the men said softly," why do you look so scared?" This man was who I thought was Damian's father. They had the same eyes, same nose, and the same hair but they were so different. Where Damian's features carried mystery and ruggedness, the man was plain, as if he was who he was outside and in.

"You would be scared to if you were locked in a room with a man who beat you and then abandoned you. And also your brother who got you basically sent to jail because he was to big of a coward and such an ass that he couldn't admit his wrongs!" Damian was yelling now and beginning to stand up.

I stood up with him and said," Damian. Calm down, they can't do anything and if they could they wouldn't. And your hurting my hand," he had squeezed it really hard in the process of yelling. "Oh sorry," he apologized, releasing the grip on my hand only to grab it again, with out crushing it.

"It is okay Damian. It is good that you are venting," the therapist in the corner said. "Oh shut up," Damian and I sighed in unison. We laughed slightly at the irony of our synchronization. "Katrina, tell me what they want." Damian demanded, locking eyes with his brother.

"Are you sur-" Damian cut me off," do it Katrina." I didn't think twice and I didn't even have to ask Xander, he just began reading so I began speaking.

"First off, they have to come because a contact is alerted when you are taken to this facility. Your dad wanted to see you and talk to you but your brother wanted to come and see you suffer which I am guessing is why you called him a cowardice ass. Your dad feels sorry for leaving you and wants to apologize.

"If I could read your mind, Damian, I would know if you wanted to hear your dad but I can't so I will let you take care of that. Now, your brother is here just to make you angry but that doesn't matter because once again he is an ass.

"The therapist is used to me rambling about what people are thinking so he isn't fazed but he is amazed at how in depth..." Damian cut me off," Calm down. They aren't gonna do anything. And you hurting my hand," I laughed at the attempted joke and ease dip on my grip.

"Who is she?" The brother asked. Damian shot him a cold glare," none of your business." He hissed. "Damian," one of the people warned. And to my surprise Damian shrank back, as if scared of the words that were said. As if they burnt his skin. As if they brought back dark memories.

He seemed to shut down at the simple statement of a name. I wasn't sure who said it but I knew that it scared him. "She is a girl in the asylum and if you touch her I will kill all of you..." Damian said dropping his eyes to the floor.

I heard his brothers voice, as plain as day, say, weak, in a harsh, cold, mocking tone. I both felt and saw Damian flinch. It almost made me want to cry as he seem to fill with fear. I could feel the fear build in him as if it were my own fear.

"My name," I began," is Katrina. And you name, the arrogant ass, is Levi Avery. The older man is Tony. I now each and every thought that crosses you mind." I was interrupted by Levi scoffing rudely. "If you have something to say, well I guess I will say it for you.

"You think that this is bull crap and that I am just some crazy girl in this asylum. But if I were crazy would I know that your full name is Levi James Avery and that are 19 and were born on April 23,2016. I know that you are slowly building up fear inside as I say all these things because you know I am right and of I truly know each and everything that has crossed and is crossing your mind then I know what happened between you a and Damian and your father, mother, ex-girlfriend, new girlfriend. I know each deep memory, each dark thought, each bad habit, every last thing that has happened, that thought scares you.

"Worse. It horrifies you. You feel exposed and revealed because you can feel me inside of your head. And the thing that freaks you out the most, the thing that makes you cringe, is that I am doing all of this from my brain. It's is literally all in my head. And thanks to this little chat, I know all that is in your head. And....."

I paused," oh my god..." I whispered. I wasn't going to say it out loud but just then I knew why Levi was here. And I knew what he was going to do when he would get Damian from the hospital.

At that moment, I became aware of the gun that was stashed on him. And aware of his want to kill Damian.

Authors Note:

This on goes out to my bestie ShesWithout. I love her to death. And today is my birthday!!!! Officially 14! Thanks to all who read. I finally reached 10.2K! Please comment and vote. And follow! Then go follow my girl ShesWithout! Read her stuff and don't forget to comment vote and pass the message on!! Love ya all!