Chapter 3- Kids Common Room

CHAPTER 3

"I hate this, Xander." I said aloud. People already thought I had lost it so there was nothing to lose from talking out loud. He replied, We all hate a lot of things but this is one we can't change."I get that Xander! But why us?!? I mean can't another child's life be messed up?!?" He said back, Well this life might be messy but like it or not it is yours. Why don't we have fun while we are waiting for the people in charge to lock us up?

A smile deviously crossed my face like it always did when Xander and I were going to do something regrettable, fun, and stupid. "Who's on the menu?" I said quietly. Walk up to the lady in purple, Xander said, she has an interesting mindset about us. I hopped off the bench and walked in almost silent small strides over to lady in a purple dress. She was tall and slender, with an obvious boob job.

Repeat after me, Xander said. I did as he wished and boy that was fun. My first statement was,"Hi! I'm Katrina. Your job is to sort files and make appointments for Dr. Dylan Flight. Correct? Of coarse I am. You are scared of me because children in the first place terrify you and being near one in here means that they are most likely unstable. But tell me this, Ms. Carmen St. George, do you honestly think that they would leave a crazy five year old in a room with a child-phobic lady?" I gleamed a smile up at her. By then I was sitting on the edge of her desk, lazily swinging my legs back and forth. She replied," Ummm. I don't, ummm. Are you? Where is?"

She began to look troubled. I said," Goodness, women. I don't have a knife ready to kill. You can relax. I just wanted to say that the purple in your dress matches the false colored contact in your left eye more than in your real right eye. Seeing that you have heterochromia, one eye a stunning blue and the other a gorgeous green, you're boyfriend is wierded out by it so you wear contacts to cover it. He wants kids but obviously you don't. You think about leaving him every time you see him but you don't think you will ever find another human being to be with. My advice to you is take the contact off , suck it up and dump the jerk you call a boyfriend, and go for James the security guard. We both know that you two are basically engaged in your mind. Go for it while you can."

I said bye and the jumped off her desk. She was wide eyed and her jaw was dropped. I just smirked and went back to my seat. Xander and I loved scaring the crap out of people. We were laughing and talking when Kathy came through the door. I was happy and energetic now.

She gripped my hand and we walked in together. Derek was in a chair holding Kyle with a sad look on his face. Not a 'my mom just died' sad, more of a 'sorry that your life sucks' sad. That look quickly sucked the joy out of Xander but I surprisingly wasn't afraid. I knew what was happening. Both of us knew but he was more stunned by the facts.

"Gimme the news doc." I said squirming to get comfy in the hard plastic chair. I fought back the depressing and horrified feeling in my head and forced the tears from my eyes with the remaining joy in my body. 'This will not break me' I kept telling myself.

Dr. Flight gestured a nod to Kathy. She smiled in an odd way down at me as tears began to gather in her yellow speckled green eyes. She let out a small sob and Derek grabbed her hand."They want you to stay here for a while. They think it will be the best thing. But I will come and see you all the time. Don't worry you-" I interrupted. " Don't worry, what? I will be okay. I have only faced people finding me insane my whole life. How is this different? Why would the people in charge be any different from Brittany or dad? No, I know that I will be okay. Why? Cause I have Xander whether anyone believes it or not. I am fine. If you aren't then deal with that on your own time. Let me be fine with my fate. Take me away." I hugged Kathy and Derek and kissed Kyle on the forehead. I was met at the door by James the security guard.