Chapter 43- Wait... What?

"You are such a girl, Katrina!" Lillian sighed out. "What? I live in an asylum and don't have friends who are girls. And I hate the color pink, don't like little children, and hate anything that is pastel!" Lilly laughed a bit before saying," You have two really attractive boys absolutely drooling over you and you don't even realize it.

"Damian is only eleven and he is looks at you like he wants to marry you and you don't understand that Rickey actually likes you! Like likes you likes you! Yet you are here complaining that your underaged love triangle is going perfectly. You are literally the definition of a girl!"

I sat and thought for a moment. Rickey likes me likes me? Nah. He can't! Can he? And I am not a girl. But Rickey likes me?

"Now stop complaining." Lillian giggled out. "Okay," I agreed. "Now go talk to your bestie and then talk to your boyfriend." Lillian demanded. "Rickey doesn't want to talk to me," I said sadly.

Lillian busted out in laughter. "What?" I demanded. "Rickey wants to talk to you but he is a guy so he won't admit it. He really want to get your attention so you guys can have like a mom et and then he will try and kiss you. Trust me," I smiled at Lilly's odd wisdom.

"How do you know all of this stuff?" I asked curiously. "You probably didn't know this but my mom was a whore in high school and had a daughter at sixteen. Her name is Lyla and she has always been a whore. Before she moved out, she had like 90 kabillion boy friends and it was like watching a tutorial on how relationships work. And I also learned that boys are sexist pigs who can't be trusted. Now I have to go to school, go talk to your boys."

The others kids got taught stuff privately if they were stable that day so that they wouldn't end up stupid.

I decided that I would attempt talking to Rickey first. I walked begrudgingly to his door and knocked gently whilst opening it. He looked away from me immediately. "Hey," I whispered, making my way over to his bed. I sat on the edge nervously and looked at the ground.

"What's up?" I asked attempting eye contact. Big mistake. I swear he burnt my skin with the fire that was in his eyes. "Why are you here." It didn't sound like a question. It sounded like a demand from some one in the army. "Well I am glad to see you too," I joked.

Rickey crossed his arms over his chest and sat up straighter. "Why are you so mad?" I asked in a sad tone. "I have every right to...." Pause. "You should..." Pause. "I knew you..." Longer pause." I..." Even longer pause.

"Just say it!"

"I knew you longer! I was your crying shoulder. I let you punch me in the face for no good reason! I couldn't take it being away from you! I have every right to be mad because I have alway been there and now this stud in orange just sweeps in and takes all the credit for helping you!"

I stopped thinking for a moment. I really just dropped all thought as if I had just died. And really for that moment, I wished that I could just crawl under a bed and die for a few moments. Had I really been that blind?

"I didn't know I was doing that to you..." I admitted. "Well, you did so just forget it." Rickey looked to his right to keep his gaze far from mine. I scooted really close to him and put my hand on his knee.

"You are my best friend. You are my crying shoulder. You knew me way longer. And this stud in orange, isn't going to take any of the credit for always helping me. I punched you in the face for no reason and you stood by me. I yell at you and act like a terrible friend and yet you still stay here and that is something that Damian is never going to take credit for.

"You will always be that person to me. Not even Damian can replace you, Rickey. You are my best friend and that isn't changing." Rickey sighed and got up angrily. "You still don't get it..."

I really didn't understand... Wait.... Did Rickey.... No! Does Rickey like..... *mental shudder* He is my best friend. We'll maybe... I don't know... Eww... I like Damian... But... No.

Well whatever.

But then came the yelling. The single scream. The yelling. The noise.

As I stepped out of Rickey's room I found someone on top of another. My thoughts went straight to Rickey and Damian. I was thinking that one was beating the crap out of the other. But no.

I walked out and found Damian. Damian was atop a semi-conscious man, punching him hard in the face. I oddly managed to rip him off and pull him back. "What the heck!?!" I yelled.

Damian heaved in and out hard. "That...." He took a deep breath. "That is my brother... And the reason I am in juvi."

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry not as fast pace; filler chapter before some intense stuff happens.

Love you all ~Ali