Chapter 4- Dreams

Chapter 4

I walked into the room snatching the pink duffle from James large, tan hand. He gave me a gentle smile. Opening his mouth he was about to say something when I interrupted," Don't do it. Don't give me the 'grand' tour. Just leave me be. I will be fine." I smiled and shooed him with the flick of my wrist.

He looked at me, eyebrows arching inward as if to say whatever and that is a little creepy. He shut the door and it locked with a quiet click. I looked around at the plain white floors, white walls, white desk, white bed frame, white sheets, a white door, and a white dresser containing white clothes.

Opening the top drawer, I pulled out a small nightgown that had white flowers on it. Slipping off my old clothes I looked in a mirror that was high up on the wall. I was so skinny. The look of my body, frail thin legs and arms, pasty white skin, and black long hair, sent chills down my back. I slipped on the nightgown. Slippers were lined neatly by my freshly made bed.

I put on the slippers then sat down on the floor with my bag. Unzipping it, I put in my old clothes. I was wearing an old Billy Joel t-shirt that had a trail of blood specked on it from Brittany, a pair of old jeans, a white tank top, and blue socks with black All-Star converse.

After I stuffed them in I stood up and walked over to a small secluded area in the corner. There was a sink, a cup with a toothbrush, an auto toothpaste dispenser, one small towel, and nothing else. Brushing my teeth, I began to feel weighed down by sleep. I walked over to my bed, pulled the sheets back and and hopped in.

Starring up at the ceiling made me miss home. When I was four, Kathy and I splatter-painted my ceiling with neon colors. I would fall asleep remembering the laughter and memories of trying to get the colors off of our skin and hair. I couldn't help but miss the crazy, poorly done piece of art.

Instead of crying I began singing. Kathy would either sing or read me and Kyle to sleep. I started singing Billy Joel's hit song 'We Didn't Start The Fire' struggling to remember all the words. Eventually me eyes closed and all was black.

"Every thing will burn to ashes. Be left in rubble and ruin. We will be free." A tall boy said. He was muscular and tall with deep cheek bones and stunning large gray eyes.

"Don't do this!" Another unknown figure yelled. She was tall as well but she seemed all to familiar. She was around age sixteen, flaming red hair and blue eyes.

Lillian, I thought.

"You can't stop this Lilly! Not even Katrina can." The boy looked towards a girl standing legs apart in all black. She had a gun in hand and one on her belt, with knives on two belt loops. "Katrina! Say something." Lillian said to the girl.

That was me. I couldn't move. I felt restricted and helpless. Xander, I thought, what do I do? No response. More panic flooded over me. "XANDER!" I cried. My mouth didn't move. I looked at the girl standing still on a red stained street surrounded by phantom faces unknown to me.

That was what I looked like. Tall, muscular, big boobs accompanied by a tiny waist, my hair was long and flowing. My skin was darker than normal and coming from my sleeve I saw a glimpse of a black mark. The same on my collar bone.

Who was the man?" Lillian." I said."Katrina you have to do something. Damian will destroy everything to get what he wants." I stood motionless and speechless. I was unaware of what was happening, what could I say? "Dianne, reason with her." Lillian said.

A girl, skin bronzy, tall, and built wide and muscular stood towering over me. Her eyes were like white diamonds. I had no idea who she was. What was I to say, I didn't even know her or the situation.