Chapter 25: So, yes or no?

"Let me go sign you out real quick. Liel will take you to the car," Twelve says and I give him a tired nod. I then turn to Liel and he grabs my hand. My skin tingles where his skin touches mine and I blush.

"Come on, Princess. I am sure you don't want to spend any more time in this hospital." I nod and I let Liel lead me outside.

It's been four days since Liel and I had that fight. He has gotten used to me being The Devil but every time someone talks about it, he frowns. I know that I am going to have to keep my hacker talk to a minimum around him. I hate seeing him down.

We make it outside the hospital and in the car. Twelve will be driving and Liel is going to sit in the passenger seat. That leaves me with the backseat all to myself.

The others visited me again yesterday and they said they had a surprise for me when I got home. Twelve and Liel act like they don't know what's going on but I can tell when someone's lying... Most of the time.

I lay in the backseat and Liel chuckles.

"You have to buckle up, Princess," Liel says and I groan.

"I'll go without the seatbelt," I grumble and Liel sighs with an amused smile.

"That's against the rules."

"Rules were made to be broken. When people made rules, they knew they were setting me up to fail. They didn't think about all the other people. No. They looked into the future and they decided to set me up to fail. To break their rules." Liel laughs loudly and I smile at the angelic noise.

Twelve enters the car and he looks at me with an expressionless look. I smile innocently and he glares. He doesn't even have to say one word. I already read it in his eyes. I can practically hear his thoughts, yelling at me.

Put your damn seatbelt on, Kid Wassim.

If I stay like this for any longer he'll say that. So that's why I am making no move to put the seatbelt on. I want to see if I am right or not.

"Put your damn seatbelt on, Kid Wassim." Ha! Knew it!

I sit up, saying incoherent words under my breath and groaning when pain flares in my stomach. Once I am sitting up fully, I put my seatbelt on and I cross my arms.

"Now. That wasn't so hard, was it," Twelve teases in a baby voice and I almost laugh. I give him a sarcastic smile and I look out the window.

"It was freaking terrible. It was my daily workout," I say sarcastically and they burst out laughing. Twelve starts the car and he pulls out of the hospital parking lot.

Goodbye, disinfectant and bleach infested building. I won't miss you.

***

"We're home," I yell and I hear a stampede of footsteps coming from upstairs. I then hear the guys' shouts and I pale. I start backing away and I look around. I then remember the secret passageways. The surprise can wait for later.

I run into the kitchen and I climb into the cabinet. I shut it just as the guys run to the front door.

"Where is she," Max yells and my eyes widen. I need to hide.

I start climbing up the slide that leads to the cabinet, ignoring the small pain in my stomach. The guys' voices are getting fainter. That's a good sign... Right?

I make it to the ropes and I start climbing up the rope closest to the hole in the wall. Soon, I make it to the other hallway and I climb into it. I crawl and crawl until I see the rock wall. I have to jump in order to make it there. It's way more difficult with a bullet wound that's still healing. Oh well.