Chapter 12: I win

Liel's POV

I run into my room and I see Siayla thrashing around in my bed. Her eyes are closed meaning she is having a nightmare. She screams again but this time, she screams words.

"Don't touch me!" My heart clenches as I hear the pain in her voice. I run up to her and I try to wake her up. I don't realize that her fist is headed for my jaw until it's too late.

My head snaps to the side and I stumble back.

That hurt.

I shake my head and I try to wake Siayla up again and finally succeed.

"Lee?" Why does she have to call me that? It sounds so sexy coming out of her mouth. Wait... No! You can't think like that! You have to protect her until you get further information. No attachments. No getting attached to someone on a mission. Siayla is just a mission...

So if she is just a mission, why does my heart beat faster when she's close?

"Yeah... Yeah, it's me," I say quietly. She visibly relaxes in the darkness and I sigh.

"Can... Can you lay with me?"

"Well... Where else am I supposed to sleep, Princess? I mean, this is my bed," I say with a smirk and Siayla scoffs. I can tell she rolled her eyes too.

"Right," she murmured and she moved closer to the edge on the right side. My side.

"Princess, you're on my side," I say as I get undressed in only my boxers.

"Well, it's my side now," Siayla said in a sleepy tone. My heartbeat quickened for no apparent reason.

I sigh in defeat and I start to climb into my bed when Siayla gasps.

"You're going to put some pants on, right?" I roll my eyes and I go to my dresser to get some basketball shorts. I quickly put them on and I go back to the bed, sliding under the covers on the left side of the bed.

"Can I trust you?" Siayla's random question startles me but I turn my head to her to see her staring at her intently.

"Yeah. Of course. What's up?"

"I know who is behind the murder of my parents. Well... Kind of. I know that it's a gang," Siayla confesses and I shoot up. The agency hasn't figured anything out. We've been trying to figure it out for years. And now, the daughter of the victims came up and told me that she knew somewhat of who it is.

We're freaking stupid. Siayla was homeless before this. How did she figure things out before the agency?

"How do you know it's a gang?"

"The gang has the same tattoo on the same part of their arms just like the killers," Siayla says, sitting up and looking around my room. "Do you have paper and a pencil? I can draw it for you. You seem really interested in this. It's actually quite funny really."

I scoff and roll my eyes but I get out of bed and I walk over to my desk. I turn on my lamp, creating some light in this dark room, then I get a pencil and a notebook. I bring them over to Siayla and she smiles gratefully.

"I've been really observant with people since the night of my parents' death. I found out way more than anyone. The police don't even have the information I have. I know this because... I asked them once about it and they said that the case was closed. They said that they were searching for the daughter of the victims for more information but... They were like headless chickens without her. Me. I guess running away has its ups and downs. Being invisible is definitely an up. That way I can find things out with a clear head and no mess-ups."