III

Small tears ran down a brown hair male's face. Years of memories and feelings coming back to as he was currently standing in front of a beautiful grave that was holding two people. The headstones where brown jasper stones with copper plates in the center. In the graving of the copper plates, they read the names and positions of the two people buried here. All the gravings filled with a shiny gold to make them pop more.

The first of the two was Queen Jeon Jiyeon, a mother who was outstanding and a woman of great war techniques. The second was of the last king, King Jeon Sojin. A king who had equally as great war techniques as his wife, but also a great ruler who put his people before anything else. Always making sure the people were happy with what was going on and never doing anything to just please himself. They were both very loved from everyone around them and under their rule. It was ashame for them having to leave this world so soon. And for how young they still were.

These two rulers were the male's parents. Today was the three year anniversary of their death. The male was now the king of his land, King Jeon Jungkook. It was tough for the first year of being king. He unexpectedly became king at the age of seventeen. But this past month feels like that of his first year. Sad, stuck, and confused. Answers no where to be found. Like he was someone who was solving a puzzle with no right answer. It was there to tease and make fun of him. This pulling him more into the sadness of reality. Pulling into a hole of nothing but despair.

"Hi Mom... Hi Dad... Yesterday I turned twenty. So I'm no longer in my teens. The people are now wanting a queen and our cousins want me to join kingdoms. I don't know who to go with because all the princesses I keep running into kind of suck," Jungkook speaks this all softly to his parents' grave. With a small laugh and shake of his head, he continues. "How am I meant to tell them that a princess isn't my going. So many families keep showing their eldest to me.... expecting me to just give them my whole life."

He looks at his father's headstone and asks a question, "Dad what would you do?" This past month has been of him getting marriage proposals thrown at him. The news of his kingdom wanting a queen flew around fast. "Well you did just randomly run into mom looking for information. Maybe I will do the same?" Maybe he'll run into the one at the frozen kingdom he was to visit soon. A prince was there who hasn't found a fiance yet. It would be an odd coincidence if so, but it would be something rather pleasing compared to the thrown at him proposals.

~~~~~~~~

Jimin is sitting in his mother's cold office. He was meant to be getting news from her, but she has yet to show up here with him. His mother typically never made him wait too, which made him a bit nervous about this news that cut his friend time short. He was a little mad about getting told to come home early too since there was no news he was this restricted on time today. This news better be worth him losing his free time to actually be able to breathe and live a somewhat normal life.

A half an hour later and she finally enters the room. She was in distress. Her white hair was a little crazy, eyes being puffy, and her clothing was decently wrinkled for a dress of thick fabric. "I am sorry for making you wait Jimin. We had someone come into our walls that wasn't invited," she was quick with an explanation as she took her seat. "You must be curious why I told you to come here."

A nod comes from Jimin while he sits there anticipating the news. His mother takes in a shaky a breathe before she spills the news that brought them in here together. She had multiple things to tell her son. Yet, she didn't know what to start with. All of them were big events and he could react differently each way she was to explaining them. Her son was a hard one to deal with sometimes. A little unpredictable.

"Jimin, we are going to have the king of the wind users visit us soon. He is here for magic information, but also a possible bride. Please look presentable for him since you are still a prince," his mother decides to start with the easy news first. Something she knows Jimin wouldn't really care for. "But I am not done yet. How far along are you with your lessons? All of them."

Her son sits back in his chair to think about his lessons. He's almost done with all of his lessons besides magic. That one will never end since magic can only become stronger. "I'm just about to finish them all besides the magic training. Once summer is here, I should be done."

She looks at her son pleased. He took on many lessons at the age of twelve when they found out about him being the user of winter. His lessons of being a ruler were slowed down though because of the lessons he was to take on. She decided it was best to slow them down to not stress him out. All it did was delay him since he was already a very academically advanced person. He wasn't allowed to be taught by normal tutors due to his smart ways, so different scholars would always have to come in. Jimin's mother took pride in this, while he did not because it just took away from his lessons of being a ruler.

"Son, you will be taking the throne soon. Be prepared to what is going to be thrown at you," Jimin's mother says quickly.

Jimin looks at his mother with confusion. She is still young for a ruler. In her late forties seems unreasonable to leave this position. Especially since she was still in amazing health. She kept up with work outs, eating healthy everyday, and not over stressing herself. "Mom, why am I taking your spot?" He asks with worry tracing his voice. Nothing has made her think about giving the throne up before, why this so suddenly?

His mother has small tear fall out her eye. "Jimin, I am reaching the end of my magic life time. Yes, I am very healthy, but I ended up over doing my magic today and ran myself dry. It was stupid mistake I took knowing that we could get the intruder to leave easily. I'm sorry to do this to you son."

The prince sits back looking at his mother with shock. She, the person who raised him to take all extra procations, did this to herself. He didn't know how to feel about this. Anger was in him, but also sadness. A mix that has yet toned well with him. It was always made a storm go off inside him.

Letting out a sigh, Jimin speaks only a few words, "I am disappointed in you for ending your magic life early over something so stupid. Don't expect to see me until the time does come. I will need time to clear my head," With the words out of his mouth, Jimin leaves his mother in her office.

Such an idiotic woman she was. Leaving him a whole kingdom because she didn't think twice. Jimin couldn't think past how stupid she was. A dumb way to pass him the throne, and to tell him to be presentable for this king that is soon to be here. He couldn't get over the fact she was going to be dead practically. He didn't want to inherit the throne in such a way. It was cliche in his mind, but also pained his heart a lot.

The way back to his room was fast and full of rage hiding the sadness. All of the guards made way for the now angered prince and not one went to question him. Except for his main three who came up to him in his room with a pen, paper, and an envelope. They knew that tomorrow their prince was going to need a person to talk to. His mother wasn't going to be able to stop him either. A tea time in the garden with a good friend would be an amazing way for him to clear his thoughts out completely. A vent, taking a breathe, hearing a response, both drinking tea, and then both venting always seems to help the prince's mood. He was a little weird to everyone else.

But that's what made Jimin... Jimin. All his guards love him and so does his mother. She loves him the most. His mother may make decisions that he didn't agree with well, but everyone knows it is for the safety of a possibly huge ruler.