XXIX

Two days left till they depart to the front line. The war starts today with the horrific news of their Azula Bay being attacked by the Spints. The messenger that came in with the news was as pale as a ghost. Their hands trembling as they hand over the letter. Jungkook's face dropping in horror as he reads the letter. Jimin just knew at that moment something went wrong, and this was going to be even worse than they predicted. This is going to be more than just a series of battles. 

Jungkook places the latter down on his table and lets out a heavy sigh, "Jimin, I must leave tomorrow." The queen freezes. This wasn't meant to happen. They were meant to stay near in case something happens to the other. "I'm adding another guard to your squad as well." 

"We leave tomorrow. What about the people? What if you get hurt?" Jimin asks while glazing over the new guard part. He doesn't want to leave his lover's side yet. All of this is happening so soon. He wants to enjoy these days. "You're not leaving without me, Jeon."

There's a sad smile that forms on the king's face. He knows his lover won't take no as an answer, but he knows that the safety of the other is his main priority. If something happens to Jimin, there is a switch that will flip. His family army is strong, but no one knows how ruthless they can be. They're trained to be deadly killers but to have a little amount of mercy. His goal is to trap and capture troops more than killing them. But if they hurt his lover, there's going to be no sole saved on those battle fields. 

"I'm not going to be on the field until you're there... but I need to see this before you," Jungkook shakes his head. He doesn't want to, but knows what's best. In hopes of changing Jimin off the subject, he brings up the new guard, "Jung Hoseok will your new guard. He's my best guard." The guard that would kill anyone trying to harm the Jeon without hesitation. The trained assassin had been put on vacation until he was needed again. 

"I am coming," Jimin says once again. He stands firm behind what he says.

Jungkook shakes his head, "Not yet."

"I don't care what you say, I am coming with you," Jimin says while Jungkook approaches him. He wants to coward down from seeing the irritated face on his lovers face. 

"No. You're. Not," he counters while towering over Jimin. "You don't know what will happen if they touch you. There will be so much more blood shed if they even touch a hair on you."