XXXI

It has been months now. Jimin is now on the other side of the country, with his troops defending their mountain passes. The passes were their way of trade to the neighboring countries that didn't have sea ports. And their control over the passes meant they controlled almost all trade going into those countries. This was their way of transporting troops, too. He was making sure that only his troops were coming in and out instead of the Spints and whoever else was supporting them with bodies.

The enemy troops were no match, though. His troops were enhanced in this terrain. His kingdom was surrounded by mountains, and  for it to be winter time helped in his favor. The Spints only had fire troops used to a dry and flat terrain. And the cold weather made them weak. Many of them fell ill, while the others were too drained, trying to stay warm to even fight back. It's extremely painful for Jimin to watch, though. To know that your people will never win this battle but still continue to send them in. 

But he continues with the plan Jungkook gave him, just push them out. Which was happening, physically the battle was moving them out, but they wouldn't stop sending troops. Its gotten to the point where Jimin has been using his blizzards to just hopefully throw them back without killing more. That way, the injuries can put them in a stand still and less troops to send in. But even then, that didn't help. They were persistent, and half of them would kill themselves before letting his troops touch them.

Jimin observes what's going on in the watch tower. He's looking for the commander, seeing where he could be. There's so many troops dead, meaning sooner or later the commander will place a step onto the field. The goal is to kill him and have the troops just surrender themselves. This will also help aid them overall in the war. One of their most powerful commanders getting killed will hopefully make them withdraw some troops. 

A red uniform catches his eye. He's in the way back. There's a huge amount of troops in front of him as a shield. But Jimin knows that's who he is looking for. He turns around and signals his guard to follow him. "Jung, you are to stay by my side the whole time. I'm pulling back our troops to send in an attack of my own. We're going to kill that commander. I am no longer going to have us waste resources on a battle that won't end until they run out of troops," he is very confident while explaining what is going to happen.

These past few months have helped him realize that he is ready for this. Everything came to his mind with ease, and he managed to deal with any conflict with trouble. Something about him was glowing, too, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. But it gave him the confidence he needs in order to command these troops and lead them to victory. Each small victory meant a step closer to their main goal, the war to be over. For the Spints to surrender and leave them alone for good. And to show that their country is not a force to be dealt with. That even with a young set of rulers, they are not weak. 

His troops were backing off as Jimin advanced further. There's a wall of fire greeting him that makes him laugh a little. The enemy still hasn't learned that this fire does nothing against his magic. But what stops him is the sound of a load crunch. He looks up and can see the mounds of snow that are threatening to fall, and the enemy doesn't know yet. He still has a great amount of land separating himself from the enemy, so they can't hear him yell for his troops to completely fall back. 

"All of us fall back! Avalanche!"  The sight of him and his troops falling back confuse the enemy. So they decide to march further, thinking they might be gaining an upper hand. Jimin watches the enemy follow them and he feels guilty to use this to his advantage, but he knows that this needs to be done to finally end this battle. This time, a loud rumble roars through the pass. His troops are far enough away so they won't get taken out, but the group in front of them will. The noise was coming from the East, which meant there was no running for those troops. It wall all going to fall in one big snow wall.

The sound of the snow falling stops Jimin from falling back any further. He watches in horror as he sees the wave of snow wipe out all of the troops. It was a sea of white scattered with maroon bodies. He feels nauseous knowing what he did to get them out of here. Knowing that he used the snow to his advantage and was only able to save his troops, but not the lives of others. Many of those troops didn't even get the choice not to be here. 

It was sickening knowing what that man will do to stop Jungkook. He's willing to just kill his people off for even the smallest amount of advancement. He walks over to the commander that will be in charge of his troops once he leaves here. "Cho, send out a group to scout the area. There will be more resources sent this way once I leave.  If Queen Park sends a messenger, tell the messenger that the troops will stay here to keep watch until the war is over." The commander nods, understanding what is to be done. 

"When are you leaving?" Commander Cho asks while following me to the injured troops.

"Once I attend to each of our troops. I plan on having some of them back on their feet before I leave. She nods again. Most of Jimin's troops were suffering from burns, but a few had it worse. There's also a small amount that didn't make it. Back in the land of winter, they will have a proper burial for each one. And their families will be given a small amount of money to help them with their future struggles. 

"Will you be at the burial for the troops?" She asks while looking over at the pile of dead winter troops. Jimin nods his head. These are troops from his land. He will be ruling them once his mother is no longer the ruler. If he doesn't, the people will be very disappointed in him, his own mother would be disappointed as well. 

Jimin studies the men in front of him. He's thankful that Minnie and himself got the chance to personally train these doctors. The men weren't on their death beds, and the only thing he needed to help them with was the more serious injuries. He gets ahold of the doctor in this camp and brings him over. "I'm going to show you how to use the snow to our advantage. Especially for the people who are dealing with painful swelling." His magic couldn't help with the broken bones, but he could use it for pain management. But once he's out of here, that'll no longer be the case. 

"The key is to let the snow hold the bones in place while also keeping the swelling down. You pack it around the broken area and make it like a cast. Place a rag around their skin to soak up the melting snow."