XXXIII

The king wasn't home for the first week. His troops were invading the castle, and no messenger was able to reach him until they won. Once he started to make his way back home was when he got the news. His hunch of Jimin being pregnant was true, but the following devasted him. It hurt to know that his first chance of being a father was taken away from the Spints, but it hurt more hearing about what Jimin was going through. And the sight of Jimin being so broken, broke Jungkook upon his arrival home. Sunken cheeks, blood shot eyes, and a tiny body that just shook with every breath. It hurt to see, and it hurt to know why this was happening. He doesn't know what exactly to do besides grabbing the smaller and holding him until everything feels better.

Jimin welcomes the other's body and leans in. He stares at the end of the bed while speaking in a broken whisper, "I didn't even tell you I was pregnant... You had to find out this way... and it wasn't even from me." His throat tightens up, but he continues, "You found out I miscarried our first baby before even knowing they were coming into the world... I don't understand how you can even look at me right now." He pulls his knees into his chest and hide his face in them. The thought of looking at the other made him want to break down more. 

Jungkook holds Jimin closer and starts rubbing small circles into his back. He's not sure what we can do, but he knows he's going to try everything in his power to make Jimin feel better. First is targeting the feeling of being mad at, when he wasn't mad at the other to begin with.  "This isn't your fault. None of it is," He moves his hands to lift the others face. There is more tears and more shaking, "Jimin, I'm not sure what to say to make you feel better besides that it's not your fault and I'm okay with the fact you didn't tell me. I know that your mind wants to wonder things for us. I know that you wanted to be further along and in the same city again to share the news."

There's a pause while the taller observes the smaller. He hates how the other is taking this. How the other is drowning in a sorrow, he can't just get rid of himself. "And I am so sorry I can't just take this weight off of your shoulders. You have such a kind heart, and it kills me on the inside, knowing I can't help you get rid of the feeling that you killed this baby. Because I know you didn't, it was our enemy. And it kills me more that I haven't been by your side this whole time," and now it's his turn to start crying.

He was trying to hold it back so Jimin wouldn't be in more pain, but seeing his loved one in so much pain was too much for him. Because it did hurt him, knowing that he also lost his baby. That currently, his chance of being a father was stripped away from just as fast as finding out. But Jimin was the one who has to deal with the mental and physical toll of physically losing a baby. He buries his face into the others' hair as he lets his tears just fall. He wants all the pain to go away, but he can't make it leave.

They stay like this while letting it all out. The sobs, the ugly cries, the screams. When only a small hiccup could be heard from the smaller, it is when they pull apart. Both now having blood shot eyes and tear stained faces. But the stabbing pain is now leaving them. Jimin stares at the other. He studies his face and figure. Jungkook is just as broken as him but is still managing to try and make him feel better. "Why do you always put me first?" He asks with a sadden expression. He is more upset with his incapability to do the same as the other.

"Because knowing that you're healthy and happy makes me feel good. That feeling you get from helping others is what I get from you. And you never put yourself first. You may not notice it, but Jimin, you do put yourself last a lot. You may not have the same words as mine to convince yourself that you put me first before you, but you do," Jungkook stops to stare at his lover, "You're broken right now because you think you disappointed me. But you didn't. You're broken because you think you failed at being a mother. But you didn't. And you're broken because you don't want me to ever be upset with you. Everything you do is to please me. So Jimin, trust me when I say you're selfless." 

The queen is speechless. He's not sure how to take in all of this information, but it does feel reassuring to hear. "I am the luckiest person alive to have you as my lover."

"And I am just as lucky as you."

~~~~~~~

Soft humming fills the room as Jimin walks around the nursery. The room is a light pale blue decorated with the most beautiful pieces of dark oak wood furniture. The crib, the rocking chair, the shelves, even the drawers. This room is designed so he could have a touch of his old home with him at all times. He did visit there more often with his official title as queen there, but everything was handled here with the two kingdoms fully combining. So, from time to time, he'd still feel like he's missing the other part of him.

He stops walking once he makes his way to the crib. He looks at the beautiful baby boy in his arms who is asleep, a content smile making its way across his face. The first miscarriage caused a lot of issues, but when he miscarried again a year later, Jimin felt ashamed to even be around Jungkook. But Jungkook did everything to convince Jimin that there was nothing to be ashamed of. A year later, they tried again.  Nine months later, baby Jiyeong is born. Named after Jungkook's great grandfather. 

He debates even putting Jiyeong in the crib or bringing him to bed with him. Jimin needs a nap as well, but he doesn't trust anyone besides himself and Jungkook near their baby. So he is always alone with Jiyeong until Jungkook is done with meetings. Deciding it would be best if he took a nap as well, Jimin takes them both to his bed. 

Jungkook comes around an hour later. His meetings being done for the day. He feels exhausted as well. He took on part of Jimin's workload so one of them could be constantly present with their baby. So, the meetings and more paperwork were not fun for him until Jiyeong was old enough to be trusted with someone else. But finishing his day by seeing his lover and baby was the greatest reward ever. 

Seeing the two taking a nap when he enters their bedroom makes his heart melt. "I really am the luckiest man alive."

The End

I know it's a bad ending, but I didn't know how to end it. I also didn't want to drag it on anymore. Thank you for reading!