XXVIII

The water is ice cold, and the last candle lit is  about to burn out. The skin on his fingertips are pruned, and there's goosebumps scattered across his body. The moon is high up while everyone is asleep, but him. He sits in the ice water and thinks. His arms wrapped around his legs, head resting on his knees. His icy stare is stuck at the end of the tub while he sits in this silence. He's lost in thought, but his thoughts are all blank. Besides the one he is trying so hard to get rid of.

There are three more days before they leave. He doesn't want to think about it, but that's all that will come to mind. He originally came here to clear his mind and relax. Three days left of peace. Three days left that he knows will be spent with Jungkook. He rubs his face, and the cold water touching his brings him back to reality. Jimin glances over to the window he left open. The moon high in the sky tells him it was already super late. "Jungkook must be worried about me."

In fact, the king was. He's aware that Jimin wanted time for himself. A moment of relief before the war. And he doesn't blame the other. There's tines where a person needs to take a break so they don't end up broken. Once an hour passed by, Jungkook was pacing around their room. Two hours, he talked to a maid to check in on the other. But now, at three hours, he's planning on checking in on Jimin himself. The winter user has been different since his breakdown the other day. Quiet, distant... broken. Whatever Jungkook did, he managed to accidentally trigger something awful. He doesn't know what it was, but Jimin wasn't budging with any information. Jimin wasn't blaming Jungkook for this mess, but he explained to never do that again.

Jungkook grabs one of the lit candles and makes his way out of their room. The hallways are dark as he walks threw them. The only other source of light came from the moon and the torches that were in the patrolled areas. Which were by the offices, entrances, kitchen, and the bedrooms. The closer he gets, the colder he feels. This worries him more. The last time it was like this, Jimin was upset with him. He's practically running down the hallway now to get to his lover. The fear that the other day might be repeating itself again.

The heavy foot steps catch down the hallway catch Jimin's attention. He dips himself into the water further. Only his eyes and nose peek above the water. He doesn't want to deal with an intruder or guards in his current state. Being naked isn't ideal to deal with anyone but Jungkook. His eye fixate on the washroom's door frame with the steps coming closer. Refusing to even blink, in fear it'll cause the water to move and make a splash noise. The steps are softer but clearly closer. Whoever was out there was most likely deciding to look in here.

His eyes widen in horror as the door actually opens and a tall figure walks in. He almost freaks out from not recognizing who it is. But as the figure gets closer and light falls upon him, he relaxes. Jimin sits up and lets out a breath, "Jungkook, I know I worry you. But running down that hallway is not the way to approach me in a bathtub."

Jungkook smiles as he approaches his lover. "Well, the last time you made the air cold and there was frost," he points to the ground around them, "You had a breakdown. A breakdown that was very recent and still has me worried. Now let's get you out of here and to bed. I don't know how you can stay in this cold for so long."