112. Miachael Imagine. ' The Only Reason. '

"Is it too late to bring us back to life?"

You knew that this time was gonna come sooner or later, you've already seen the signs and both of you were already starting to crumble and it was only a matter of time till you both fell apart. One of you had to give up sooner or later, and you wanted to be the one to do it.

You were tired of constantly trying to fight for something that was obviously broken, it was already too late to try and save this - whatever this was anymore. You didn't even know if there was anything else to save, it's already fallen apart and you were just so tired of all this.

You waited patiently for your boyfriend to arrive, so that you can finally call it off with him. You've known for some time now, that your feelings for him has started to fade. And around this time as well, you two started to fight almost everyday and it would usually end with the both of you crying your eyes out. Bitter words would be spoken, and everything was broken by this time. I don't even know if this could still be fixed, as it's already too broken and too damaged beyond repair.

You weren't sure how this fallout happened, but it did and your feelings for him have almost faded. The spark of passion you two used to share has burned out completely, and there was only ashes of what you used to share together.

Even though you've told him plenty of times that this can't be undone, and that this was already broken, he still wants to hang on. He has this small spark of hope left in him, and that tiny spark is what keeps him holding on to whatever's left of the both of you.

You hopped off your couch when you heard footsteps outside of your front door, and you knew that it was Michael. You opened the door for him, letting him inside your living room before shutting the door behind him.

You looked up at his pale face, your eyes taking in his tired expression and the huge bags under his eyes, he looked like he hasn't slept in days, and you were getting concerned about him. You may not love him anymore, but you still cared. "Are you alright?"

His jade green eyes lost all it's beauty - it used to be filled with so much light, so much happiness and it used to be a brilliant green color, like that of an emerald. But now it's a dull green, still beautiful yet in a dark, twisted manner. They flickered to mine and he forced out a smile, nodding. "I'm fine, I just slept a little late tonight. No big deal," he shrugged.

You knew Michael and you knew him well, he was obviously lying to you as you could see right through him. You memorized all of his gestures whenever he would lie - faking a smile, shrugging, playing with his fingers. All of the indications of a lie being told, making you frown. "Stop lying to me, Michael. Now tell me why you look so tired,"

Michael let out a sigh, running his fingers through his red and black fringe, his eyes not leaving yours. "You want the truth, Y/N?" He asked, making you nod. "The truth is that when I close my eyes and try to sleep, I don't know. I just think of you, and of us, what we've become and what we're going to be in the near future. I can't..."

Your lips curled downwards, sensing the sadness in Michael's voice. "You can't what?" You needed to hear what he had to say, you needed to know how he truly felt about everything. You needed to hear what's it like on the other side of your love story.

"I can't do this, I can't be without you. Whenever I try to sleep, my thoughts would wander to you and the memories we used to share, and I start to fall apart." he plopped down on the couch, covering his face with his hands. "I would end up crying until I felt numb. When I felt numb, it was like I feel like I can last without you. Then I end up thinking of the possibility of being without you, and it was too much for me. I can't handle this without you, you're my other half."