SIXTY SIX

The sound of whistling could be heard through the otherwise empty parking lot as Dylan Bradberry walked out of the backdoor of Jillian's restaurant with a trash bag that he carried off to the dumpster. Once turning around, he raised an eyebrow while coming to a slow stop as he was met with the sight of a glaring Mikey Darling.

"The fuck are you doing out here, Prettyboy?" he asked.

Mikey clenched his jaw and said, "Did you do it? Did you sleep with my girlfriend, asshole?"

Dylan narrowed his eyes. "Judging by the dumbass question you just asked, I'm going to guess that she finally got over herself and told you," he said before smirking. "And let me also guess, like the little crybaby you are, you up and left her because you couldn't take the fact that you've truly never had her all to yourself."

"You son of a bitch," Mikey spat while walking up to him. "What the hell did you do to her?! Dani would never drink on her own!"

"Excuse me?" Dylan asked with furrowed brows. "Are you trying to accuse me of something? You sick fuck. I would never do that, and I didn't have to. She wanted it all on her own, including the alcohol that she barely took a sip of because she hated the taste...But this isn't about me or Dani, is it? This is all about you."

Mikey narrowed his eyes as Dylan smirked at him again.

"You think I can't see right through you?" he asked. "You're not mad at me or her. You're mad at yourself because you were dumb enough to let her go, and now you're feeling threatened by the fact that you're not as special to her as you once thought you were."

Mikey clenched his jaw as he stood in silence.

Dylan nodded. "Exactly," he said. "You can't even say anything because you know I'm right."

"This isn't about-"

"Yes it is," Dylan cut him off. "It is and you know it. You came here to get the truth, right? Well the truth is, Mikey, is that not even the sweetest girl in town can find it in her heart to love you. You're nothing. And now that the truth's out, it won't be long until she's crawling right back over to where she really belongs after we get finished with-"

Dylan's words were cut off by a grunt as his head was suddenly forced to the side before he fell onto his back as he was pushed to the ground.

"You fucking asshole!!" Mikey shouted. "Dani loves me! She fucking loves me! You'll never fucking have her!!"

Dylan grunted again as Mikey continued to punch him before they were flipped over as he gained the upper hand.

"I'm the asshole?! You're the one picking fights because you can't face the fucking truth! She loves me, and it's me she belongs to! Don't you ever fucking forget that!" Dylan exclaimed as Mikey's eyes widened at the feeling of hands around his throat.

"You got her one time," Mikey gasped. "And now you think she's yours?... Fuck you. She's chosen who she wants, and it's not you. Stay the hell away from her!!"

Dylan's features darkened at Mikey's words as the boy's eyes widened again and he moved his hands up to grab at the ones that had tightened their grip around his throat.

"Make no fucking mistake, Prettyboy," Dylan spat. "She belongs to me. She always has, and she always will."

Mikey gasped for breath as he clawed at Dylan's hands with his eyes still widened before his body slowly calmed down as he began to lose consciousness, until he was suddenly able to breathe again as Dylan was forced to let him go.