FORTY SEVEN

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE⚠️

"So, Mike, you wanted to talk? Let's talk," Dani said as she turned around to face him.

To avoid any unwanted listeners by the door, they had walked over to Mikey's Jeep to give them a little privacy.

Mikey frowned and said, "Who? Why the hell are you calling me Mike?!"

"Oh, I get it. Only she's allowed to call you that," Dani said and nodded. "Alright then. That's noted. Amongst other things, of course."

"Babe, what are you-"

"So now I'm babe again?" Dani cut him off and shrugged. "That's funny considering I haven't talked to you in person since you left for rehab...but oh wait...wait a second. You're not in rehab anymore, are you? Well, I suppose I wouldn't know a thing about that considering you haven't told me shit about it!!"

Shame covered Mikey's features as he took a step forward while saying, "Dans-"

"Don't you dare," she said and shook her head. "Don't you dare call me that or claim me as your girlfriend again when the first time I see you outside of the hospital is at the park we've taken Frankie to a million fucking times with that redheaded bitch walking around and laughing as if you're the only two people in the fucking world!!"

Mikey frowned and shook his head as tears formed in her eyes. "Dani-"

"How long?" she asked. "How long did you think you could keep this up? Or did you think you could keep us both as long as I never found out about it?"

"What?!" Mikey asked and shook his head again. "Dani, I'm not cheating on you! Why would you ever think I'd do that, I love you!"

"Then why was she with you instead of me?" Dani asked him. "Why didn't you tell me you were released from rehab? Why didn't you tell Greta? Do you even care anymore?! Did you come over here to tell me you're leaving me for her?!"

"Dans, no. No, no, no, baby, that's not it and it never will be," Mikey said as he walked up to her, and Dani let out a sob as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I've missed you," she said. "I've missed you so much and you never even thought to come see me and show me you were released in person. Why was she with you before me, Mikey? Why didn't you tell me about her before now? What the hell is she to you?!"

"She's just my friend, Dans," Mikey said. "We met in the cafeteria and she was in the same program as me. There's nothing there, and I'm so sorry I didn't come to you sooner. I've missed you too. More than you can imagine. Please don't cry, I'm so sorry."

Dani scoffed and said, "I can't help it. I'm a crybaby...you know that."

Mikey laughed softly and wiped at her cheeks. "I do know that," he said with a smile. "I love you. So much. And I swear there hasn't been a day that has gone by without the thought of you in my mind. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, but now that I am, I promise I'm not leaving your side ever again. This was torture."

Not being able to help it, Dani leaned forward to wrap her arms around Mikey's neck as she kissed his lips, which caused him to close his eyes as he immediately tightened his hold on her waist and kissed her back. Slowly, Mikey's hand moved up to caress her cheek as he deepened the kiss, and he smiled as Dani leaned more into his hold.

"I'm glad you did that, cause I definitely couldn't wait for it any longer," he mumbled after, reluctantly, pulling away.

Dani smiled. "So does this mean that we're..."