FIFTY ONE

"You can't just force me to leave StoryBrooke, Wen!!"

A small frown formed on Dani's lips as she walked back into the lobby to see her boyfriend stood up with his phone to his ear and his back facing towards her.

"Well, I'm not going, alright? I'm fine here!" Mikey said in a low voice so that he was still quiet, but his anger was still very much evident, which only caused Dani's frown to deepen.

He sighed in frustration before slightly relaxing his shoulders.

"I know you're worried about me, okay? I know that, and I appreciate that greatly, but I promise you that I'm okay. I'm staying with John now, and you know as much as I do that he isn't going to let anything else happen to me," he said in a much calmer tone of voice.

Dani's eyebrows furrowed as she quickly realized that he was talking to his sister Wendy...and that she had wanted him to move away.

"Well, what do you want me to do, Wen? He's my father, as much as I hate to admit, and our family's like masterminds when it comes to protecting their precious reputation. So no, I can't press charges, and no, I'm not stepping foot out of this town until I know that Mom is safe...and you know that's not going to happen anytime soon because she's too afraid to leave him," he said with a sigh.

After a moment of what Dani had assumed to be Wendy talking, Mikey scoffed and said, "Yeah, and then we'll go to Neverland to reunite with Peter and the Lost boys."

A soft smile formed on Dani's lips at the mention of Mikey's old friend as she slowly walked back over to him after signing herself out. She had never actually met Peter, but the stories Mikey and John told her, Greta, and Hans as children were enough for them to love him without having done so.

The feeling of her phone vibrating in her pocket caused Dani to pause in her step as she took it out to see that Greta had texted her.

Are we still on for our visit today? I kinda already told him you were coming...so don't let us down, Richards!! <3

Dani rolled her eyes playfully at the blonde's message. Of course, the girl already told him she was coming, that way she couldn't chicken out if she had wanted to.

I'll be there soon. Relax your butt, Fischer. <3

"Hey, I gotta go now, okay? I'll talk to you later."

At the sound of Mikey's voice, Dani looked back up to see that he was already looking at her with a smile as he still held the phone up to his ear. With a smile of her own, Dani placed her phone back in her pocket as she began to walk over to him.

She wrapped her arms around Mikey's waist as he said, "Yeah...Yeah...I love you too, Wen...Okay. Bye," and ended the call.

"Hi, cutie," she said and leaned up to peck his lips.

"Hey, babe. How was it?" Mikey asked as he held her in his arms.

"Eh, as good as it can get, I guess," Dani said with a shrug before frowning a little. "Though I do have something to talk to you about later."

Mikey's features visibly fell at her words as his eyes widened slightly, and he said, "Oh God...this is a break-up thing, isn't it?"

Dani's eyebrows furrowed at his question as a light laugh slipped past her lips. "What? No, you goof. I just have to tell you about what I learned during my session, and I didn't want to do it here," she said.

"Oh...Okay...Good," Mikey said with a nod before his features slightly fell. "I mean not good because clearly whatever you have to talk to me about is serious or else you would've just told me right here so-"