FIFTEEN

"Mikey!! That's enough!!"

Mikey laughed as Dani held her hand up to block him from taking any more pictures of her. "But you look so cute with the flower in your hair!... And stop blocking me! I want to get the perfect one for my home screen!"

Dani laughed as he took another. "Quit it!" she exclaimed. "It's not like you don't already have a million to choose from!"

Since she was in a much better mood than before, Mikey had decided to extend their date by taking Dani out for breakfast at Jillian's restaurant. She was a little hesitant at first due to a certain waiter having a job there, but after not seeing him anywhere in sight, Dani was able to relax and actually enjoy herself. Obviously, it had been a while since the couple had been on a proper date, but with everything that had happened recently, Dani's mind was thankful for the much-needed break.

Plus, and never mention it to Mr.B, Jillian's honey beignets were the absolute best things to ever cross her taste buds.

Mikey snorted as he put his phone away and said, "Okay, powder mouth. I'll let you have it this time."

Dani gasped and grabbed a spoon to look at her reflection as Mikey laughed at her. "You ass! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I just did," Mikey said in between his laughter. "Don't worry. You still look adorable. Come here, I'll wipe it off for you."

Dani's nose scrunched as Mikey got up with his chair to move around to her side of the table and lick a napkin before wiping it on her face.

"Oh gross! I could've done that myself!" she exclaimed.

Mikey scoffed as he placed the napkin on an empty plate. "Why are you so disgusted? It's not like we haven't swapped-"

"Well, well, well. Don't you two seem to be awfully chummy...and I do mean awful."

Instantly, both Mikey and Dani tensed up at the sound of the voice, though for obviously different reasons as the anger was quick to form in Mikey's eyes, and he looked up with a glare.

"And what the hell do you want? Pretty sure you haven't been our waiter the entire time we've been here," he spat as Dani squeezed his hand that was draped across her shoulder.

Dylan smirked. "You're right about that. I actually just got here, though, and I couldn't help myself from commenting on this disgusting view that unfortunately caught my eye," he said before turning his gaze to Dani.

Out of instinct, she moved closer to Mikey, who moved his arm down to her waist as Dylan's smirk deepened at the action.

"Hello, Dani. Long time no see," he said. "Wow, you look gorgeous today. It's too bad you had to ruin it, though, by bringing your pet chimp out for breakfast."

Dani rolled her eyes with a scoff while squeezing Mikey's hand to stop him from doing anything. "How original," she said. "Aren't you here because you have a job to do that doesn't include harassing your customers? Love Jill to death, but I honestly wouldn't put it past her to have been high as a kite when she hired you to work here. And she doesn't even smoke."

Dylan narrowed his eyes as Mikey laughed through his nose. "I'll let that one go," he said. "Because you're just that damn pretty. Let me know when you get tired of the wimpy kid, yeah? You know I can set your world on fire in ways he never will."

"Mikey, no!" Dani exclaimed as she stopped him from getting up while Dylan walked off laughing.

"I hate him!" Mikey said. "He ruins everything!"