FIFTY NINE

Dani's eyes fluttered open with a yawn before she immediately shut them with a groan as she was met with the blinding light of the sun that shone through the curtains, and she brought a hand up to her face to rub at her eyes as she could feel a dizzy spell trying to make an appearance.

"Dans?" the tired voice of her boyfriend called out from behind her. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Turn off the damn sun," Dani mumbled as she turned around to bury her head in his chest. "It's hurting my eyes. Who the hell said it could shine so bright?"

Mikey snorted and kissed her head as he said, "You're so cute when you're grumpy."

"Yeah? Well, I'm about to be really fucking sexy because I'm going to throw a damn fit," she said while rubbing her head.

Mikey's eyebrows raised in amusement, but before he could say anything, Dani groaned as a hand flew to her stomach.

"Dans?! What's wrong?!" he asked as they sat up on the bed.

Instead of answering, Dani shook her head as her stomach began to churn. "Oh...fuck," she groaned and quickly hopped up out of bed to run into the en suite.

"Dans?!" Mikey's voice said before he appeared in the doorway and widened his eyes in shock once he saw her head was buried in the toilet.

She pushed him away when she felt his hands pull her hair back. "No...please go away...This is disgusting," she mumbled before hurling into the toilet again.

"Dans, I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'm your boyfriend. I'm supposed to take care of you when you're sick," Mikey said from behind her.

With another groan, Dani reached up to flush the toilet once she felt like she was done.

"Why does this keep happening to me?" she asked with her head leaned back against the wall. "Why am I getting so sick? I don't get sick."

"I don't know, babe, but we're going to figure it out, okay?" Mikey said as he rubbed a wet rag across her face.

Shaking her head, Dani pushed his hand away before she lurched forward as another wave of nausea washed over her.

"Aw damn it!!" she exclaimed and leaned towards the toilet again.

Dani's eyes then widened in horror as that time, blood had splattered out of her mouth.

"Oh my God, Dani!!" Mikey said from behind her. "I'm going to go call 911, okay?! Just hold on, baby!"

More blood spilled out of Dani's mouth as Mikey left the room before her features fell as a horrifyingly familiar voice rang in her head.

This is going to be so much fun, Little Red...

"Alright, Dani. I need you to breathe in and out for me," Dr.S said as he placed the stethoscope on her back.

Dani shivered at the coldness before doing as told.

Ten minutes after the paramedics had arrived, she had finally stopped puking her guts up long enough for her to be carried to the hospital. The weird thing about it was, she had felt completely normal on the way over. Like nothing in the bathroom had ever happened...but it had, and her boyfriend had been there to witness it, which meant that she was probably going to be smothered by him even more than usual.

"I told you guys, I feel fine. Maybe I just ate something that didn't agree with my stomach," Dani told her family and boyfriend, who all stood in the room with her.