TWENTY NINE

The feeling of cold wind blowing around her caused Dani to shiver as she slowly woke up. Looking around in confusion, she instantly noticed that instead of being in a hospital bed...she was inside of a bedroom. The sound of a door opening caused her to turn towards the source, and her heart dropped as she made eye contact with who walked in...though she wasn't sure as to why.

"Mr... Mr.B?" she questioned with a frown and watched as he just walked over to her with a saddened smile.

"Well, hey there, Dani Dear," he softly greeted as he sat down in the chair next to her bed.

"Hi...Where are we?... Why aren't I in a hospital?" Dani asked as she looked around once more in confusion.

The sound of her godfather letting out a sigh caused her to avert her attention back to him.

"What's wrong?" she asked as she noticed he still had that saddened look on his face.

"What happened? Where are we?!... Where's my dad?! I want my dad!!" Dani then exclaimed as she began to freak out, growing more and more worried as to where she was.

Mr.B was quick to place a comforting hand on his goddaughter's arm, though it failed to have any effect on her as her heartbeat continued to quicken, and he said, "Dani..."

"No. No, I don't want to be here!! I want my dad!! And my mom!! And Frankie!! Where are they?! Where are my family?!" Dani cut him off as she began to get up, but failed to get far as a sudden wave of dizziness overcame her.

"Woah," she mumbled as she stumbled on her feet before she was stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around her.

"Dani Dear, you have to calm down, okay? Just listen to me, sweetheart. Let me explain-"

"Where am I, Mr.B?! Why isn't anyone else here?" Dani cut the male pig off again in a tone that caused him to sigh.

"Dani...no one else is here because...because we died sweetheart," he informed her with tears in his eyes.

Dani gasped in shock.

Meanwhile, at the Storybrooke hospital, Michelle Richards sat in a chair with her son Frankie sitting in her lap as they both looked at a just awoken David, who smiled at them both. Luckily for the Lumberjack, the only significant damage Henry had done to him was a couple of broken ribs, a sprained arm, and a twisted ankle...Unfortunately, the same could not be said for his daughter Daniella, who currently lay unconscious on an operating table as doctors furiously tried to bring her back to life. Unbeknownst to the family in the room.

"Hi, Daddy!!" Frankie greeted with a beaming smile on his features, which caused his father's smile to grow wider.

"Hey, bub!! Come here!!" David said as he lifted his good arm, and Frankie instantly obliged his father's order as he happily jumped into his lap, causing the man to playfully groan as he did so.

Michelle looked at her husband with worry evident in her eyes as she hadn't realized he hadn't been serious about his pain. "Are you sure that's okay, honey? You have two broken ribs..."

David smiled at his wife's worry as he found it to be completely adorable and nodded. "Yeah, babe. I'm fine, don't worry," he replied before giving his son multiple kisses on his head, which made the five-year-old let out heartwarming giggles as he wrapped his arms around his father's neck.

Michelle's worry instantly vanished as she smiled at the sight of her husband and son having their little moment.

The father and son's moment was quickly ruined by the sound of an alarm, which made everyone avert their attention towards the door to see doctors rushing out in the hall through the little window that was attached to it.