Chapter 47: Relove

"Can I love you forever?" Jacob ask. I look over my shoulder to meet his unwavering gaze. He stand before me in a dark blue slacks, a v-neck black shirt under a matching jacket, and a pair of red and white Jordan. His hair was gently combed back unwet and his face unshaven; rougher than before. Sexier than before. He's a complete year older, as am I.

"If you want to love me forever—prove it." I reply pulling the gold strap of my dining outfit over my shoulder. The dress is long, yellow with red flowers, with a split down my right leg. I just got done getting ready for dinner out on the town with Jake. It's a date.

I didn't have high hopes for the dinner, considering our conflicting feelings. "lack of love" His words, not mine—I hate that he felt that way. But in all honesty, I felt it too. Something had went away, he stop being mine even while he claimed he loved me. He was distant since before. It's like something was drifting us apart—our different lives. Our walls being chained up, like thick billboards. Kept us apart from some true feelings. Something constant and loyal, possibly perfect.

This love, it's like game. I feel like I'm repeating an impossible level. I don't want to go through this again. This guard you keep up when you first meet a guy, you like, but you don't trust. You don't let yourself trust him. . .until you do and you eventually regret it. You are urged to give up this infusion, an influence that is pumped into your veins just because of betrayal. You are hurt and  left to wonder what you did wrong.

Jacob took me in and I hate to admit it, but his love made me feel alive. I want it everyday. For him to come inside and reside without hesitation. Without worry. Only if love were that simple, I'd never shed another tear.

Jacob walk closer to me and takes my hand in his and brings my knuckles to his pair gems. "What would you have me do, to prove it?" He whispers.

'For starters, don't fuck your ex.' I want to say, but don't. Instead I go, "Love me better."

"I will." He pledge, leaning in to kiss me. His tongue pleasantly vibes in my mouth, giving me this dip of testerone; a teaser of his passion. His lips; what sweets they are—my sweet blessings. How could I ever not want you? How could I ever deny you?

"I don't want to hate you anymore." I say, my forehead against his. My eyes hardly open and my heart barely holding on.

He stroke my braids, "Don't." Pressing his lips against mine. He kisses my cheek, "I got you something." He whisper close to my ear. He reaches in his coat's pocket and takes my left and takes my second-to-longest finger and slips on a warm piece of silver. I raise my hand over his, over his shirt on his chest to get a better look.

"Jacob," I roll my eyes languid and slightly pull away. My heart feel light for minute, like I'm on the peak of a roller coaster, or at a climax of a story. A solid sky blue diamond surrounded by small crystals rest on my finger. His eyes are envy for a response.

"What is this?"

"It's my mother's ring."

"I can't take this." I say preparing to pull off the ring, he stops me taking both my hands in his.

"Don't take it off." He placed our hands between us.

"We aren't together."

"Me here with you, isn't us being together?"

"You're here, yes. But where's your heart?"