Angel

Today's mark on the calendar makes me 3 months pregnant, and the acceleration of my belly growth reminded me every day that my baby most likely didn't belong to my husband. It hurt me. I loved being pregnant but I was scared, Jake knew I saw it in his eyes.

I know he loves me but he's been out, which I understand but he promised me he was going to be here.

I've been setting up the nursery alone... it feels like because I'm pregnant this way it makes him want me less.

It made me less motivated to get dressed and I've been hiding my body from him when he is here.

I felt imprisoned here, he hasn't been home all week. He doesn't want me to drive and I respect him. So I don't leave, I stay home.

Today, I was supposed to go to my doctors appointment to make sure everything is okay. Jake was supposed to take me, he was supposed to be here but he isn't and he isn't answering his phone.

I wish he'd be honest and said he didn't want this baby, instead of lying to my face saying he's going to be here for me.

I'm so alone but Garret was calling me, and he does time to time to check on me. I thought we were through being friends after what happened and I really appreciate him because I have been feeling so alone.

"Baby," he said as I answered the phone.

"Garret, no I told you stop calling me that."

"But you are carrying my baby."

"I know..."

"How are you?"

"I was supposed to go see the doctor because I keep growing."

"That's good baby, what time?"

"Right now, but I can't go because my ankles are swollen and Jake thinks it's a bad idea to drive. He was supposed to be home."

"Where is he?"

"Where he always is, back home with the pack."

"Well his wife needs him, so the hell where is he?"

"Stop. He's handling some business."

"Whatever Scarlett, I don't want hear it. That's supposed to be your husband."

"G, I think he's really upset with me."

"Why?"

"...You know why."

"That's not an excuse, you two are married."

"It's like I have so much making up to do."

"I don't know why you don't just come back home, you still have your place. We could be closer and I could help you."

"Jacob doesn't want that, he doesn't even know I still own the apartment. I think I'm going to lease it for the extra money, I wanted to go back to school but want to make sure I can afford it. What do you think?"

"Your husband should pay for it, he certainly has the money."

"No I don't want ask him for anything. He doesn't know I want to come back. I won't ask him to do that."

"I can help you. Just come back home."

"I was thinking about coming back at the end of the year but until I give birth, if I can rent out my space...maybe Florence."

"No Scarlett, your pregnant. Stop acting like you don't have a choice."

"I don't!"

"Let me come over."