Chapter 43: Liar

Note for my unmastered writing:

This is three months later, and Scarlett still lives in FLORENCE, ITALY. And Jacob comes when he cans, truly as often as he can. Their relationship continues to struggle due to distance. Jacob has not told Scarlett of his transgressions towards her (with Ella).

Ella, now lives in New York, and works with Jacob when it's invited—this is unapparent to Scarlett.

Jacob is dealing with a monger of situation, his pack isn't in the best shape. They are depleting in numbers and is losing in dependency. Scarlett's very alive (undead mother) is the cause of this.

As of now, Jacob and Scarlett is driving through a tourist area in Florence, ITALY( not Paris).

"Where are we going?" I ask impatient as we drive down the meager European town roads.

"I want to introduce you to someone." Jacob responds looking at the road in front of us. He had one hand on the wheel and the other one holding mine.

"Who?"

"His name is Timothy Cartwright. A seer."

I remember researching seer's for an assignment, they are known for their clairvoyance. They see things; events, truths, past effects on present.

"Why are we seeing a psychic?"

"Well, do you remember when you said you wanted to know more about what I do and what's going currently?"

"Yeah."

"This seer, he will show you better than I can tell you." He tightens his grip on my hand, and I allowed myself to feel his worry. A new power, I have acquired. The ability to sense feelings, moods, and auras alike. It's a pretty basic, but so hard to get a grasp of and I finally have.

Jake has this relax look on his face and it doesn't match up to how he really feels. That's interesting. "Should I be scared?"

He shakes his head. "No." He takes a moment to look at me.

"Then why are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind." I say, taking my hand from his. I face away from him. Most of the car ride remains quiet. We drive out of the city, then reach a long road accompanied by what appears to be an array of a broad farm landscaping. Along the countryside road are grassy plains, separate fields of gardening, and red blooded farm animals.

We arrive at the end of a road, to this place, this home. Jake parks in the driveway, under feet's of stone and manicured bushes.

I sit in awe at the place as I wait for Jacob to get out, and I not too far behind him

I sit in awe at the place as I wait for Jacob to get out, and I not too far behind him. I take his hand and he locks the car door after me. "Who did you say we are visiting?" I ask as we walk up the stairs to the front door.