Chapter 40: 450 Square Meters

*NOT EDITED*

Jacob POV

"I just got off the jet baby girl." I talk into the phone as I walk down to the pavement beneath my million-dollar private aircraft.

"Okay, I'm going to wait up for you."

"No, don't I might be a while." I suggest.

"Hmm, are you stopping somewhere?"

"I've got to pick up something."

"Okay, well then wake me up when you come. I want to kiss you goodnight."

"I will, baby girl."

"I love you." She sighs softly, her voice daze into a drowse.

She hangs up.

As I reach the ground, the fleet's supervisor walks up to me and request my signature on a few forms. My luggage is brought up to me right as my Lincoln town car arrives. After my carryon is placed in the trunk of the Lincoln, my designated chauffeur takes off out of the airport.

My driver takes me to Timothy Cartwright's safe house, Timothy Cartwright is a seer, an old friend of my father. He had some insight on the leader of the organization known as BaileyWick; a network of witches and warlocks out to take over werewolf territories all over America.

My father mentioned Cartwright during our midweek council meeting, he planned on speaking to Cartwright as it regards to the attacks. Cartwright lived in Florence, Italy and coincidentally I already had plans for a stay here. I took the initiative took the meeting under my belt, rather than let my father handle it. In all honesty, I don't trust him, but I only don't trust him because he doesn't trust me. He doesn't completely trust me with the pack title he has passed down to me, he tries and undermine my authority. Tries.

If anyone is unfit, it's him. He's a functioning alcoholic.

My driver eventually arrives to Cartwright's place and I tip him to wait. I don't plan to be long. I walk up the steps of the select Florence home and ring the door bell. After a minute or so, a woman in a sunset dress greets me, she shows off a warm smile and I assume this woman is Cartwright wife, although she looked fairly young. Early 30s perhaps. She was a small woman. Her hair was up in a housewife's bun and her simple black house wife heels.

"May I ask who your looking for?" She speaks to me, her voice proper and respectful.

"Timothy Cartwright; the seer."

"Mr. Young?"

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm sorry, I expected you to be a bit older."

"No, perhaps it was my father you were expecting."

"It seems that way, yes. Well, why won't you come and I call down Mr. Cartwright for you." She opens the door wider. I take two steps in as she closes the door behind me. Then she leads me deeper into Cartwright's home. We stop at the center stairs and she proceeds to walk up, "If you could wait just a moment, I can get Mr. Cartwright. He'll only be a moment." She says as her tiny body glides up the stairs.

As I wait for Cartwright and/or his wife to come back down I take moment to admire the structure of the modern valley home. The home was secluded, far means for a trespasser unless they'd know exactly where they were headed. The home is based on a wine farm. Among his work as a seer this man was also known for his quality wine.

Soon enough, Cartwright came down his wife shortly behind him. "Mr. Young!" He greeted, his voice cheerful. "What a pleasure." He reaches down the stairs and take my hand in his to shake. "I was expecting your father."