Chapter 34: Indulgence

Chapter 34

"FUCK!" Jacob shouts as he jolts out of the bed, waking me up in the process. He ran out of the room; before doing so he yanks the door widely slamming it against the wall sure to leave a dent.

"Jake?" I call after him worried. I get out of bed and walk out of the room to find him in my hallway bathroom. He was face down on the toilet, fluids were ejecting vigorously out of his mouth. His was coughing violently, his face was turning green. My heart fell to my feet as I saw him this way, he seemed to be in so much pain. I get on my knees and crawl to him I reach for his back to sooth him but he stops me, he grabs me by my wrist mid-air and forces it away. He flushes the toilet, puts down the toilet seat and stand up. I still on my knees I look up at him, mouth gaping at what recently happened. He walks over to the sink, takes out his tooth brush that he kept here and squeezed tooth paste onto the bristles and began to brush.

I stand, "Jake?" I don't touch him as it's obvious that he doesn't want that from me right now.

He didn't answer, instead he continue brush his teeth above the sink.

"If you don't want to talk to me, at least let me know you're okay." I beg. Again he said nothing, as if I wasn't there. With my head hanging low, I walk out of the bathroom to give him his privacy. I go to the kitchen feeling bad and insecure and worried that I was the reason that made him react the way he did. I sighed and take two cups out of the cupboard and proceeded to make some chamomile tea, Jacob might care for some after whatever just happened.

As I make the tea, I hear the shower beginning to run suggesting that might be in there for a while. I walk back to my room and to grab my phone. It was 6 o'clock in the morning, I ran through my contact list and called Katlyn maybe she knows better than I do.

She answers, "Hey."

"Hey, did I wake you?"

"No, I was just fixing the baby's room. What's up?"

"I think Jacob is sick."

"What do you mean?"

"He just rushed out of bed and started to vomit. Aggressively."

"Did you ask him what's wrong?"

"I did. He isn't talking to me, I'm worried about him. Do you think it's something that I did?"

"How did he seem when he woke up?"

"Oh, I don't know." I said anxiously.

"Was he sweating profusely? Was he forceful? Did he seemed the agitated?"

"Yeah, yeah. All of that. What should I do? What's wrong with him?"

"Jacob has night terrors Scar and this is just an aftermath of one."

"What?"

"Night terrors. Do you not know what night terrors are?"

"Yeah I mean I do know, but what's causing it? What can I do to help him?" I ask desperately.

"I don't know, he doesn't like to talk about it. Just give him some time and a little bit of space."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, he'll be fine. Don't worry too much, he could sense it and it will make him more agitated."

"O-okay."

"Are you still coming to help me with the baby's room?"

I rub my eyes and sigh, "Yeah. No—yeah. I-I am still coming. Don't work too hard, okay?"