Chapter 46

-------------------------------------------------

"(Y/N)...?" The echo of the voice engulfed my mind, but I felt numb, I couldn't open my eyes even if I wanted to. Was I still among the Nazgûl? Had they followed us? So many questions without answers had made me angrier than I already was. I felt my blood go cold at the memories of my cousins, slaughtered, on the ground, lifeless. 

"(Y/N), open your eyes!" This time I followed the voice, until I opened my eyes to be greeted by the morning light with two shadows looming over me. Trying to clear my vision of the blur, I realized one of the figures was a men. I know this voice, it sounds so familiar. "B-Bard...?" My vision was back to normal and I felt a wet cloth over my head. "I thought we lost you." He said, but as I looked up and down I noticed that he looked different. "Why do you have clothes like if you were a king...?" I murmured, still feeling like if I was in shit, I didn't want to move yet. I can't even feel my legs. He only pursed his lips and chuckled. "It's because I am, (Y/N)." 

Oh... OH...

"What?!" Adrenaline came over me at that moment, I lifted my hips to sit straight, now seeing why I didn't feel my legs ealier, Aesigir was sleeping on me. I was in a fairly large room with candlesticks and gold decorations, a high bed with several cozy details and a blanket giving me warm which I didn't feel for several days. 

"Easy! You are still not ready to do so much effort!" Tilda's arms were around me, gently propping me against to lay down, my back apparently decided to give out. It had happened much too fast for my liking, barely even giving a warning to my own body, but now a cold sweat broke out all over my body as if someone had dumped a bucket of water over my head. "Do you need to sit?" Tilda murmured, pulling a pillow behind me. "I just... I just need a moment." It felt as though cotton had been stuffed in my ears and it wasn't long before I realized I had passed out in the midst of a battle. I took in a shaky breath, doing my best to smile despite my embarrassment. "I'm sorry... C-Could you tell me what has happend...?" I said, shaking my head.

"When was the last time Dís checked on her?" Bard asked his daughter before looking at me again, putting a hand on my forehead. "Not too long ago. No fever, her wounds are healing because of her magic and she recommended us to help her walk so she can let the blood flow." Tilda said as she prepared a dress from the closet. "Very well." Bard grabbed my arm and slowly pulled me out of bed. "Dammit, this is not the first time I've been wounded and once again I feel useless." I murmured as I struggled to get my feet on the floor.