Chapter 37

(Y/N)...

(Y/N)...

I took a deep, deep breath  as I opened my eyes like plates, I couldn't see anything, everything was so blurry. I huffed, sighed, inhaled and exhaled and coughed out air to then feel blood running all around my body. Have I truly been dead?

I still couldn't feel my legs so I layed there blinking, I coughed again and felt my bruised ribs creak and aching with the movement. Pain that had little to do with my injuries bubbled up through my gut, through my lungs and up my throat, but this time I didn't force myself. I remembered the stab wounds, in reality I should be dead, and I would have jumped and danced around while screaming that I'm alive if my body wasn't so badly damaged.

But picturing the death of the Durins made me stay in the same place, grieving and mourning as I remembered Thorin's words, I'll always be his givashel... Then it came to me. Where the fuck am I?

My eyes went to the ceiling, I rolled my eyes and tried to look around, it looked so familiar, then my eyes focused. My bed, my drawings, my books, the many photos of my friends and family... I was home.

This was not a dream as I looked down at my body, I was wearing a brassiere with bandages around the wounds, how did I get here? My hands went to the mattress and I raised my chest and hips until I sat down slowly, not allowing the rush of pain that flared over my stomach to show on my face as I moved to stand.

I opened the door and looked around, everything was the same, well except for the living room, my grandparents pass their lives changing the furniture and it made me giggle. "(Y/N)?" 

I turned my head around slowly to see my oldest cousin Gabi, she was 26 and is one of the most cheerful people I have ever met. "Gabi..." I whispered and she smiled and hugged me tighly, I did the same but I still couldn't use all my strenght. "I thought you were going to die... Do not do that again... Dammit, I missed you..." She cried silently and I patted her back softly.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She looked at me in the eyes and gave me the brightest smile I have ever seen. "We have to wash that face of yours." Gabi helped me to the bathroom and while the water flowed, I putted my hands under the water and inadvertently used my magic, making the water become like a ball in my hands. The face of Gabi was to take a picture, she was petrified, but I did not expect to see her that quiet, she smiled softly and helped me wash my face, as if this was normal. "Come, the others are outside." I sighed deeply and she helped me walk outside, same farm, same mountain and ocean view, I have missed breathing the air of nature without being hurried.

"(Y/N)! You are awake!" My cousins Acay and Ágora came to me running and tried to jump on me but Gabi stopped them, they were 11 and 10 and they were very reckless and playful, I remenber the times where they would always start the parties. I kneeled down and embraced them like if there was no tomorrow. 

"You look terrible." I looked up to see Adán, Haco and Ace, I smiled and standed up. "Well, I did get stabbed by an Orc. Twice." I chuckled a bit and Ace walked to me first, tearing up and giving me a soft hug. She is 21, she's negative sometimes but she loves taking care of everyone, and well, Adán and Haco were 13 and 14. They are the jokers and the ones that start a fight everytime.

"I am so sorry for leaving you... I know that you've seen me walking away that night and I just... I don't have an excuse. I was adventuring myself through Middle Earth." I told them. "We know, we've been reading and seeing all the books from grandma." I looked at Acay shocked. "Wait what?! Did she not--?!"

"I think she does know actually... We had a hard time while you weren't around." Adán exclaimed out, and Haco continued. "When she discovered you had gone away, grandma started coming more when our parents told her we would come to the farm." My shocked expression didn't vanished. "Also, it was Ágora's little sister who woke us up to say goodbye to you. What a sweet child, shame she's not here today." Bless that child please...