Chapter 4 | An Unexpected Journey

-----------------

-----------------

Gandalf and I reached The Shire after an hour down the mountains, finally entering Hobbiton, it seemed a very calm little town, the hobbits were funny little creatures with happy lives and those hairy feet are curious. "(Y/N), stop staring at their feet." I jump a bit and look down. "Sorry, I'm just curious."

"Curiosity can be mistaken by rudeness. Do not stare or you will not be welcomed here." I nod at Gandalf and smile as the children run around the green landscapes, we soon pass through the market. "It's nice to see people enjoying themselves instead of staying at home." I think aloud, Gandalf nods. "Hobbits, including dwarves, are very joyful and social creatures, they enjoy being with others in and out of their home." They are lucky, I'm sure that they wouldn't abandon such a perfect life.

As Gandalf greets some of the hobbits that acknowledge him, a merchant comes to me and motions me to grab the cheese his holding. "Oh no, I don't have any money..!" The hobbit shakes his head. "It's a welcome present, girl. I think I've never seen you here." He gives me the cheese and walks back to his little store. "Welcome to Hobbiton!" I smiled as I walked back to Gandalf, the wizard smiling at me as we walk up to a house, Bag End.

There we saw a hobbit sitting on a bench and smoking his pipe, Gandalf passes by and the fumes of the pipe transform into a butterfly, flying and vanishing when they touched the hobbit's face, I giggled and he looked at us with a confused expression. "Good morning."

"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning... Or are you saying it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you are saying that you feel good on this particular morning. Or maybe you are suggesting that it is a morning to be good on. Hm?" Oh my god Gandalf, I held back a snicker as the hobbit seemed a lot more confused. "All of them at once, I suppose." Gandalf's smile vanished and I was wondering why. Is he suppose to be the burglar? He looks more like a merchant, like the other one. "Can I help you both?"

"That reminds to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure, with (Y/N) and me." I smile at the hobbit indicating that I'm (Y/N), his face turned to one of discomfort. "An adventure? No, I don't imagine anyone of the west of Bree would have much interest in adventures." The hobbit got up from the bench and walked to grab his mail. "Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things."

Now I was the one confused. "Why do you think adventures are nasty?" The hobbit looked at me. "Makes you late for dinner." I grinned at his remark while he looked back at his mail, making some positive noises and then watching us again before leaving. "Good morning."

"To think that I should have lived to be 'good morninged' by Belladonna Took's son as if I were selling buttons at the door." Does Gandalf know this hobbit? "Beg your pardon?"

"You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins." There's the answer, Gandalf knows the hobbit, but I don't think that 'Bilbo' knows him. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"