Chapter 19

-------------------------------------------------

I followed Beorn deeper in the woods, mostly in silence since neither of us tried to talk, I was kind of uncomfortable with that, I can't lie. I turned around to see his house in the distance as I sighed. "Lady (Y/N). We are here." I stared at Beorn, to then look at the small cave he's in front of. "I... Have to get down there?" The skin-changer nodded. "You do not have to worry, the fountain is near. Don't be afraid of walking in the darkness, you are the light in the middle of it."

I hummed softly and looked at the cave, and sighing deeply, I entered. It was cold and damp, but it smelled like the sea and it brought back memories from my childhood, the stairs lead me to a circular room with a fountain in the middle, it was beautiful, with several bright details that looked like they had been cleaned recently, the water clean and so blue that it looked like the real sea in a small place. And it's comforting to such an extent to remember when my parents took me to the beach when I was a child.

The water moved slightly, but I hadn't even touched it and that's what made me step back, the water did not move again until I stepped closer again, making me curious, was it me or was the water alive? Even though that made no sense...

Slowly, I dipped my hand into the water and then slowly to my elbow, my tattoo started to shine in the water, and soon, I felt the water make something in my hand, slowly but surely, I took my hand out and the water transformed itself into a chalice as I sighed in disbelief. Suddenly, a small light came out of one of my pockets, and I took out the necklace that Gandalf had given me, submerging it in the water of the chalice and seeing how the shiny pieces of it came out to the water. How Gandalf always knows what will come, I do not know, but I'm willing to trust him in everything.

I putted the necklace in my pocket again and drank the water, choking a bit because of the tiny pieces, but being able to swallow them, the chalice turning into water and falling to the ground. I looked at the fountain and whispered a small thank you as I felt myself lighting up, my tattoos started to shine more and I flew up the cave to find myself alone. Beorn must have had return to his house, I understood, with a bunch of dwarves I wouldn't let my house alone with them either.

I smiled and flew slowly by the trees, in mere minutes I was in front of Beorn's house, the dwarves getting out of the house to look at me speechless, the dwarven king and the wizard getting out last. "My dear, I see the fountain has trusted you with their power." I nodded. "You still give me things and then you don't tell me what I'm going to use them for." He smiles, I cross my arms as my magic goes away and I step on the floor slowly. "Life has to have obstacles, or else it wouldn't be a well deserved life."

"Why is everyone so philosophical today?" The company chuckles and the Durin's get closer to us, Kili grabs my arm and looks at my tattoos. "Does it hurt when they shine?" I shake my head. "No, it doesn't. I mean, I feel a little sting whenever new tattoos appear, but nothing more than that." His eyes showed me a tint of worriedness, along with everyone as I looked around.
"I have prepared the ponies." We all looked at Beorn. "It is time for you to go."