Chapter 11

Thorin sat next to us after Bofur sang to us and Lord Elrond started to unsheath the swords we found in the troll cave. "This is Orcrist, the Goblin-Cleaver. A famous blade forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin." He returns it to Thorin. "May it serve you well." And now he unsheathes Gandalf's sword. "And this is Glamdring, the Foe-hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were forged long ago for the Elven-Goblin Wars..."

I stopped hearing Elrond, it was getting a bit boring with all the sword stories here and there. I looked away from them and catched Thorin staring at me, was he still mad at me for not saying my true motives for being in the company? I stopped thinking as I felt Thorin's hand touching my fingers, he felt so warm against me. Who would have thought.
I flushed slightly as his hand grabbed mine slowly, it was curious, his hand was a bit bigger than mine and it made me smile, but I couldn't look at him. I just couldn't.

"And what were you doing on the Great East Road?" Thorin and me looked at Elrond, we didn't follow their conversation so I bet I wasn't the only one nervous, I looked down again not knowing what to say and Thorin looks at Gandalf slowly, this is the time when they will try to stop us.

// Timeskip - Night //

The night at Rivendell was relaxing, and I mean was till the dwarves started screaming and laughing at each other. This must have been such a shock for them, both the truth about me and coming here, none of them dared to talk to me, Balin was the only one giving me a small smile and I was happy with just that, well, excluding that small moment with Thorin, but I also wanted to know about the whole company, I felt lonely without them around. 

I sighed deeply and started walking to my chambers, fortunately, I saw Lord Elrond leading Gandalf and the others away, I believe to read the map, I know it isn't right of me to meddle in but I wanted to know why so much fuzz about a damn map. I followed them to a place covered by the cascades and watched as Elrond standed by a grey stone, suddenly the light that came from the moon flashing on the stone, it might have revealed something on the map I believe. I got a bit closer to hear them well.

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole." Elrond says and Bilbo looked confused. "Durin's Day?" Gandalf looks at the hobbit. "It is the start of the Dwarves' new year when the last Moon of Autumn and the first Sun of Winter appear in the sky together."

"This is ill news. Summer is passing, Durin's Day will soon be upon us." Thorin says, I think I've never seen him so troubled. "We still have time." Balin informs, but Bilbo still doesn't get it. "Time for what?"

"To find the entrance. We have to be standing in exactly the right spot, at exactly the right time. Then... And only then, can the door be opened." But Lord Elrond didn't seemed so excited about their quest. "So this is your purpose? To enter the mountain?

 "So this is your purpose? To enter the mountain?

And there goes Thorin again. "There are some who would not deem it wise." Gandalf looks at Elrond very confused at that last sentence. "What do you mean?"