Chapter 35

I sprinted away to where Thorin is suppose to be, he is the last one. Please be alive! 

I speed around corners, leap across broken bridges until I finally reached the waterfalls, seeing both Thorin and Azog staring at each other, trying to balance themselves on the ice, I ran to them almost immediately, but stopped when I heard a noise coming from the skies, the eagles were here.

Commanded by Radagast, we saw them killing the approaching Orcs faster than anyone, and if that wasn't enough, Beorn jumped off from one of the eagles and changed to a bear as he landed. Thorin threw his sword on the ground and grabbed Azog's weapon, throwing it at his chest and stepping back, seeing how the pale Orc slipped into the water. 

"Thorin..." I cried at him and he stared at me, I just jumped over the broken icy paths, determined to help him as much as I could, but as I arrived to him he only stared at the ice, or more importantly, at the body slowly floating towards us. The king followed the body and I only stared at him without doing anything, the silence invading the moment, until I heard a piercing scream coming from him, Azog had stabbed his foot through the ice. 

The Pale Orc jumped from the water and tackled Thorin. "NO!" I screamed, pulling my axe and stopping his arm from stabbing Thorin. The Orc looked at me in rage and as I tried to burn his skin, but Azog roared and turned around, stabbing me near the same wound Bolg made.

"(Y/N).... No...! NOOO!!!" Thorin screamed and the Orc threw me to the ground violently. I could only watch, petrified, terrified. Nothing could save him now. Azog swung his weapon towards Thorin and he blocked it as the king turned his gaze to look at me, I tried to move but it was too much, I wanted to get up but it was too much, and it had made me cry as I knew it was the end, Thorin gasped he saw how pale I was, I knew... I could see it in my arm.

He gave a shuddering breathe as he let Azog stab him in his chest, my eyes watering even more, instead I saw Thorin killing the pale Orc once and for all, throwing him aside and getting on top of him, giving his last strenght to pierce his elven sword through Azog's body, he stopped moving. Thorin stood up and turned his gaze to me, earing the eagles in the distance, he had helped me to the ravine to see the eagles and the armies. 

Then, he layed down next to me.  "What were you thinking...?" Thorin asked, taking deep breaths. "I couldn't s-stand by... And see you die..." I said to him as we stared at each other. "Forgive me..." I cried out as I coughed blood, Thorin grabbed my hand as he stared at my golden eyes, now fading to their original color.

I felt someone coming from behind, and Thorin seemed relieved. "Bilbo...!" The hobbit fell to his knees as he looped at us. "Don't move, don't move. Lie still." He then proceeds to see our wounds, and he doesn't like it, as expected. "I'm glad you're here." I whispered to him and he shushed me. "I wish to part from you in friendship." Thorin says and I smile. "None of you is going anywhere. You're going to live."

"I would take back... My words and my deeds at the gate. You did what only a true friend would do. Forgive me. I was too blind to see it. I am so sorry... That I led you into such peril." I smiled wider at hearing Thorin speak, my eyes forming tears again. "No, I-I'm glad to have shared in your perils, Thorin. Each and every one of them. It is far more than any Baggins deserves." I see Thorin smile after so much time, it was heaven to me.

"Farewell... Master burglar. Go back to your books... And your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people... Valued home... Above gold... This world would be a merrier place." I looked at Thorin as he groaned and tightened his grasp on my hand. "No! Nonononono, Thorin. Don't you dare."

The king looked at me with soft eyes. "My love... Amrâlimê..." A tear fell down my cheek as he smiles. "I wish I could... See your smile every day... I am sorry I caused you so much pain... I'm sorry I made you... Go through all this..." I whispered his name as I cried silently. "There is light and beauty... In you that no shadow can touch. Never forget you are my ghivashel... My treasure of all treasures..." 

"Thorin... I love you..." I whispered and looked at him giving me a small smile, he then looked upon the sky, giving away his last breath. 

Thorin Oakenshield was dead.

"Thorin... Thorin, hold on." Bilbo tried to keep him alive, but he was already gone. "The eagles, the eagles are here. Thorin? The ea--" The hobbit weeped and soobed as he looked at me in the eyes. "Please... (Y/N)... Not you too... Please..." I coughed out and lifted my hand to Bilbo's face, my palm cold against his cheek.

"Bilbo... Please, forgive me... For just going away like this..." I gasped slightly between breaths and Bilbo sobbed brokenly. "Live a long, happy life... My dear hobbit..." His thumb brushed away a tear. 

"When you... " He started, stumbling over his words. "When you first showed up at Bag End, I knew nothing of the world... I was so afraid..." Bilbo forced himself to keep his head up and he took a deep breath and tightened his hold in my arm. "Y-You helped me so much...! You were there for me when nobody else was...! I can't--- I can't just---!!"

My heart ached as I looked at him sob. "Don't go (Y/N), please... Don't go!" He begged, knowing it was useless. With a small smile, I felt my life being taken away, so softly. "No! No! (Y/N)!! No!" Bilbo buried his face against my neck as his sobs wracked his body. 

Bilbo's last words still echoed in my mind as the last tears ran down my face. I loved them with all my heart, I had tried my best to prevent anyone from being hurt when he stole the Arkenstone, and now it didn't matter in the end. The king I had followed for the past month was dead. The princes which also got my heart where dead. 

So many people died around me, it wasn't fair at all, but life is just this... Being born to die. 

The thoughts of having lost too much took my breath away, suddenly remenbering when I met Gandalf, when I met all the dwarves, when I fell for 3 of them, and when I finally had found my ancestors. I tried to fight dead, but I realized it was too comfortable to denied it, closing my eyes slowly and hearing voices so far away.

Suddenly, I felt something elevating me from the cold ground, and the last thing I saw was Bilbo and the dwarves reaching and calling out to me.

"(Y/N)!! Oh my god!"

"She's bleeding!! The wounds are too deep! She won't survive!"

"Grandma! Call the ambulance!"

---------------

Amrâlimê = My love