Chapter 24

I woke up from my slumber as I feel the sun shine on my body, looking around the room to find myself alone, did Fili not slept with me yesterday night? I sat on the edge of the bed wondering about the threads he had given me, is this something from their culture? I heard laughing and cheering from outside and I got up and walked to the window, realizing the company has prepared already to sail to the mountain. Crap!

I putted on my clothes quickly and darted myself out the window with rush, climbing down the house and running to the company which were ready to sail. "You do know we're two short! Where's (Y/N) and Bofur?"

"If they're not here we leave them behind." I heard Thorin say, fucks sakes. I thought he was worried about me. "We'll have to. If we're to find the door before nightfall, we can risk no more delays." I see them getting on a boat, but as soon as Kili is about to step on his uncle stops him. "Not you. We must travel at speed, you will slow us down." Kili didn't believe in his uncles' words. "What are you talking about? I'm coming with you."

"Not now." Thorin whispered to his nephew, I see Fili turning around to stare at his brother and uncle, and I decided to walk closer to the company.

" Thorin whispered to his nephew, I see Fili turning around to stare at his brother and uncle, and I decided to walk closer to the company

"I'm going to be there when that door is opened. When we first look upon the Halls of our Fathers, Thorin." Thorin puts his hand on his younger nephew's shoulder. "Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed..." For the first time I see how much Thorin cares for his nephews, he can be a king, he can be an uncle, but he can't be a father figure to them.

"There you are (Y/N)!" I heard Gloin saying and everyone looked at me, once Kili turned he showed me a shocked expression, the dwarves' mouth were hung open and I gulped as I hand't felt that anxiety in so long, Bilbo coughs a bit, getting my attention. "I do not mean to offend.. Your hair looks beautiful. But how...?" Bilbo asks me and I shrug a bit. "Magic. Just let it function on my body as much as it can and I'll be fine." I give them a small smile.

"And beautiful..." Ori says as he stares at me, Thorin and Kili turning to him slowly, with what I thought was a death stare, Fili staring at the poor dwarf from behind him. "I'll stay with the lad, my duty lies with the wounded." Oin stepped out of the boat and Fili looked at Thorin. "Uncle." He said catching the king's attention. "We grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him." Thorin stopped his nephew from talking more. "Fili."

"I will carry him if I must!" The prince said in plead. "One day you will be king and you will understand." I sighed deeply at that sentence. "I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf... Not even my own kin." My eyes turned down and I looked at Kili, his face showing pain. Fili proceeds to get out of the boat but Thorin stops him.

 Fili proceeds to get out of the boat but Thorin stops him