Four

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*∞:.pls vote and comment .:∞*

Akira's POV

Tonight I'm unfortunately having dinner with my parents and Daichi. We're meeting at one of my favorite restaurants... so at least there's one good thing about tonight.

It's about fifteen minutes from my house, so thankfully I don't have to drive an hour back to my parents house to have this stupid dinner.

Truthfully, I am dreading this dinner. It's the first time I'm seeing my parents since I moved out. I know it's only been a week, but still. It's been the best week of my life.

But it'll be nice to see my brother again.

When I get to the restaurant and am walked to the table, only Daichi gets up to greet me. My Mother of course has something to say about what I was wearing, and my Father doesn't even look up from his phone.

Off to a great start.

"So, sis, how's the new house been?" Daichi asks.

"Good. I'm really enjoying it. It's only been a week, but I've had a little time to explore the town and all the shops and what not. Living on the water gives me a beautiful view to wake up to in the morning."

I don't plan on saying anything about Dabi. I don't need to hear it right now.

And besides... it's not like he's my friend. Just a neighbor.

"We have the dinner party on Saturday. I know you'll be there, correct?" My mother tells me.

Shit. I forgot about that.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No. Kaito is going to be your date. We've already arranged for it."

Is she kidding me?

"He's a delightful, young man. He would be good for you. His family is very wealthy as well. You wouldn't have to work a day in your life."

"I know who is he. And yes, Kaito is a nice guy. But I don't want a date to this stupid party. I don't even like Kaito that way."

"Akira, you need to start thinking about your future, and about settling down. I've already spoken with Hana. She and I both think that Kaito is lovely choice for you."

I slam my fork down on my plate, "Here we go again with this. Seriously? A lovely choice for me? What year do you think this is? And how many times do I have to tell you that I don't need a man to make my money for me... like you do."

"Akira Kojima, I will not accept this kind of behavior. Women like you and I are not meant to work. You're only working at your Father's company because you kept whining like a child about it. As you are right now."

This is exactly why I didn't want to come here tonight. I knew this shit would happen.

"I am nothing like you, nor will I ever be. I want to work! I like working! And I want to date and marry someone that I actually love! I want to live my own fucking life." I yell at her.