Twenty Two

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*∞:.pls vote and comment .:∞*

Akira's POV

It's been five days, making it now Friday, and I haven't seen Dabi at all.

We've barely texted, and he says it's because he's been crazy busy with work... but I'm not too sure if I believe him. It can't be a coincidence that ever since I told him I loved him, he's wanted nothing to do with me.

I mean... it's not like he has a normal job.

I have no idea exactly what it is that he does... only the gist of it. I guess in that sort of "business" things can get really busy.

But still... he could at least come and see me at night.

"I can't believe how dead it's been here."

"I know... it's weird. Daichi said they've been really busy in the lab, so that's why we haven't seen them."

It's silent for a second before Suki speaks up, "Hey... did Dabi ever tell you how he was associated with your Dad?"

Now that I think about it... no. He hasn't.

I can't exactly blurt out that they're part of a gang, either.

"He only told me that they were there in place of his boss. But he never told me why. I'm just assuming that they're investors for my Dad, or he probably funds their company. I don't know."

"Weird."

"Yeah. Anyway... let's go out tonight."

"Yeah? Where?"

"Monsoon."

Suki crossed her arms, "This have anything to do with Dabi? You think that if you go to his club that he'll be there?"

"No..." She makes a face at me, "Okay... maybe a little. But I do want to go out regardless. And the chances of seeing Dabi there are high."

"You really haven't seen him since?"

"Nope. He's avoiding me. I know it."

"Don't say that–"

"You know it's true, Suki. I fucked everything up."

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. He's the one fucking it up by not talking to you."

I guess that's true.

"You know? You're right. I'm done sulking. If he wants nothing to do with me, then he can tell me himself. I'm not gonna text him first anymore."

"Attaaa girl! Good to have you back, Aki."

And I'm gonna make sure that I have a great time tonight. No matter what. Maybe I'll get lucky and Dabi won't be there so I won't have to think about him.