One

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*∞:.pls vote and comment .:∞*

Akira's POV

Today is the day I will finally be free of my parents.

Well... sort of.

Starting today, I'll be living on my own, away from them and all of their madness.

Of course there are "rules", even though I am a grown twenty four year old woman. They treat me as if I'm still a child.

The "rules" were that I could live on my own if: I continued to work for them at their company, had dinner once a week with them, and stayed out of trouble. Meaning away from any friends or guys that they wouldn't approve of. Staying out of the tabloids. It's quite ridiculous if you ask me. I understand if I were a teenager and needed protecting.

But dammit, I'm not anymore! I'm sick and tired of them acting like they get to decide my every move. They dictate my entire life. They always have. And I'm at my breaking point.

Which is exactly why I needed to move out. It took me months to convince them to let me leave. And to be honest... I'm not even sure how I did it. After begging for so long, they finally agreed to it. Maybe they just got sick of hearing me beg and complain. I've always been the "problem child". No matter what I do... it'll never be good enough for them. They're insane. Both of them. It sounds shitty to say... but I can't wait to wake up everyday and not have to hear either of their voices.

Don't get me wrong— They're still my family and I still love them. My brother, Daichi, is the only person I can trust. He sees my parents for who they are. But he's always been their golden child. He could never do any wrong in their eyes. They love him far more than they've ever loved me.

Daichi and I never had to worry about anything. We always got everything we ever wanted growing up. As long as we behaved. Our parents weren't really present in our academics growing up, so they didn't really care about our grades. They knew that even if we didn't do well in school, we'd still be working for their company. We'd learn everything we needed to there, and not in some college.

I'm grateful for the things I've had access to my entire life. I've never had to worry about my next meal, or my car breaking down, losing all my clothes in a fire... because it could all be replaced in an instant.

It's kind of robotic, if you ask me. The way this lifestyle functions. It's not normal. Most of these people don't even have real human emotions. It's draining trying to hold a conversation with them sometimes.

My Father owns a pharmaceutical company. It was passed down to him from my late Grandfather. My father turned it into an empire. He has buildings all over the country, and has connections with pretty much anyone. He's even taken his work over to other countries as well. He's famous, my Father. Which makes all of us famous, too. Which is why they dictated our entire lives. They wanted- no needed- us to be perfect.