Sixteen

Spotify

https://spotify.link/mxFECfoAhyb

Username: birdsofparadis
Playlist title: ‧͙⁺˚*。・:*˚:

Tiktok
novaxsummers

*∞:.pls vote and comment .:∞*

Akira's POV

"No, Daichi... I'll be fine."

"You sure? It's no problem if you want me to come over."

"Yes... I don't want you to drive in this weather. I'll be okay as long as the power doesn't go out. And if it does, I have a shit ton of candles. I'll be okay."

"Alright. Just... please call if you need anything. Okay?"

"Of course. Thank you, D."

"Love you, sis. Stay safe."

"You too."

I'll be fine.

A little thunder and lightning never scared me.

Although... I've never had to deal with losing power. So I really hope that doesn't happen... because I have literally no idea what to do.

I've seen in movies and shit– they light candles and use flashlights, whatever. But anything else...?

How am I supposed to cook anything?

Oh, god... and what about the heat? I think it's all electric. So if I lose power, it's going to be fucking freezing in here.

There is the fireplace... but I'm terrible at lighting fires.

It's fine. Maybe I'm overreacting for nothing. The power probably won't even go out.

I sit down on the couch with a refilled glass of wine, a bowl of rice, and the second I turn the TV on... my house goes dark.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Shit, I can't see a thing.

I use the flashlight on my phone to find a lighter, and light a few candles around the house.

At least it'll smell nice.

Guess I'll just sit here and watch videos on my phone.

Great. No service.

Okay... music?

Aaand that won't work, either.

My phones almost dead, anyway. So it doesn't even matter.

Well, isn't this just fucking wonderful.

God... this silence is fucking creepy.

It's fine. Maybe I'll just do a puzzle.

***

About twenty minutes pass by, and I've officially begun turning to ice. I started to do the puzzle, but it got so cold in here so fast that I could barely use my hands. I gave up trying to start the fire, and I've just been laying here snuggled in about five blankets.