II | XXVIII | Epilogue

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

I recommend re-reading the battle chapter before this, adds to the emotions lol

| Epilogue |

Hysteria

Hysteria. Iris was in a state of hysteria.

Her immortal body crumpled to the ground, knees digging into the snow as fog expelled with every breath. She was exhausted, in every sense of the word. Nothing but an empty shell of herself, energy depleted long ago.

Finally, her glazed over eyes cleared. She blinked once, twice, her surroundings once again becoming recognizable. In her hands, the remains of Aro. His discarded cloak laid not two feet from her, yet something didn't sit right. Her ears rang, a supernatural migraine, she didn't think was possible.

It was then she realized, someone was calling her name. A voice, that brought instant tears to her eyes, overflowing down her cheeks and chin. Her heart shuttered, chest caving in on itself as her ears twitched to hear it again... one more time, just once more.

"Iris... Iris, can you hear me? Darling, look at me." Hands, just slightly cooler than her skin, met either side of her damp cheeks. Her eyelids fluttered out of habit, this was too familiar, too comforting to be the hell she unleashed on earth. Thumbs, too soft on her burning flesh, caressed the tears she desperately just wanted to fall.

No, she couldn't have died, had she? This touch, sensation, was far too gratifying to be real. It caused her nerves to hum with delight and her undead heart to pump vigorously. Such a reaction, only Edward could draw from her. And if this was heaven, she'd gladly except it with open arms and little to complain. He - He felt so real. His fresh woodsy scent wafted towards her nostrils like a drug, dulling her senses.

His... His breath fanned across the bridge of her nose and high cheekbones. Even the chill in the air created a fog around it.