II | VI

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Six |

"Bells, how are you?" Iris shoved her phone between her head and shoulder as she got Penelope ready for her day

"Bells, how are you?" Iris shoved her phone between her head and shoulder as she got Penelope ready for her day. The strawberry blonde tried multiple times to wiggle away, but Iris caught her in the nick of time, every time.

"I don't know... I feel different, but the same, if that makes sense? Everything is heightened, but that's pretty much it." Iris smiled small to herself, happy for her best friend. Although, Iris didn't necessarily want the gift of immortality for herself at the time, she was glad Bella had the choice to truly decide what she wanted. Even if what she wanted was her mess of a big brother. Her voice came out smoother through the receiver. The same low tone, yet somehow melodic like a rhythmic drum. It suited Bella well.

Iris hummed as she struggled to get Penelope's foot still to put her shoes on. Her had reaching up to readjust the cell phone on her shoulder to the other side. "Well, what did you expect? To be a raging monster, hungry for blood twenty four - seven?"

"That's what Rose told me - "

"Of course she did," Iris rolled her eyes, sitting back on her heels once she was done with her toddler. Penelope took off immediately, rushing towards her toys in the corner to play with. The ginger could've sworn that little girl was going to be a handful when she grew up. Even more so, now that they were having another, which reminded her why she called her bestfriend in the first place. "Has Colton taken you hunting yet, is he taking care of you? Because if he's not, I'll shove my fist right up his a- "

"I heard that!" Colton's voice interrupted through the receiver and Iris shrugged to herself.

"You were supposed to." Colton mimicked her sentence in an obnoxious voice, much like her toddler, and Iris couldn't help but echo him. Maybe they weren't as mature as they claimed to be. It only stopped when Bella had enough and took the phone back from her husband. "Okay, enough. I swear you guys are worse than twins could ever be."