XX

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty |

"I'm only here for Bella, only here for Bella

"I'm only here for Bella, only here for Bella. I'm only here for Bella, only here for Bella," Iris chanted to herself as she stared down Jessica Stanley on top of a podium with a bright yellow graduation gown wrapped around her. She could feel the stares of the local parents, who stayed in the same town since the eighties. The glares of Lauren as she snuck a glance back towards the ginger's, so called, perfect happy ending.

Her pointed stiletto tapped incessantly against the gym floors, counting down by the second when she could bolt out of here. However, today was Isabella Swan's special day. Graduation. And the ginger would rather set herself on fire than be found an unsupportive best friend. 

So here she was. A form fitting forest green dress hugging her figure, earning stares from some of her previous teachers. There goes another law suit waiting to happen, she thought. Her voluminous hair laid in a half up, half down, resting to the middle of her back. Edward was by her side, pinching her thigh to keep her calm as he held a dressed up Penelope in his other arm.

He leaned to the side discretely, whispering in her ear at in humane speed. "Repeating that will only make the time go by slower."

Iris rolled her eyes playfully, lowly groaning in the back of her throat as Jessica flickered her overly curled hair with a fake smile plastered on her face. "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grow up. Our answers were things like, astronaunt, president. Or in my case, princess..." The crowd laughed at her joke however, Iris just zoned out completely.

Her eyes blinked towards the stage, yet her ears were not listening. Instead, she thought about her time here at Forks, high school. Her short lived popularity and social stance. The parties and wild nights she spent exploring with her fake friends who'd promise to keep her secrets only to blab the first chance they got. The Cullen's coming to town and everyone started gushing over them. Worshiping the feet they walk on, yet Iris didn't see the big fuss.