II | XXVI

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twenty Six |

The adorable sight of Donny snuggling with his sister made Iris practically swoon

The adorable sight of Donny snuggling with his sister made Iris practically swoon. Penelope somehow found her way into her brothers bed. Her strawberry curls in the dim lighting of the room, were tangled and messed as she buried her head in the sheet, pillow discarded. Donny contradicting his sister in her wild slumber, laid flat on his back with a peaceful expression on his childlike features, a tiny curl laying over his eyebrow.

Iris admired the view of her tuckered out children before pushing off the bedroom door towards the bed. Her mouth pulled into a welcoming smile, approaching them carefully, as not to startle them awake. She brushed Donny's curl back, which was all it took to get his crystal blue eyes to open blearly.

He blinked a couple times, raising his hand to rub the sleep from his eyes. Iris smiled towards him, endearingly picking the fluff of cotton off his eyebrow. "Good morning baby, do you know what day it is?" Donny seemed too tired to put in effort and think about it, that is until he connected the dots and grinned widely at his mother.

"It's christmas!" He gushed, oozing with excited from the stories his parents told him about christmas and the festivites. He suddenly sat up, eager to start the day, which amused Iris like nothing else. Iris plucked the Santa hat from his bed post and ploped it on his head, the two chuckling when the hat slid down to his nose for being too big. "That's right darling. Now, we have guests coming over to spend the holiday with us."

"Like Morgan and papa Arthur and Auntie Bella and Uncle Colton and -"

"Yes, yes. They'll be here, but I have a very important decision for you to make." Iris chuckled and stopped him before he could say anymore, otherwise they'd be here till next Christmas with listing all those relatives. Donny straightened as he listened in seriously, looking much like a sergeant receiving orders. Iris wistfully lifted up her hand and wave it around before counting on her fingers as she listed the choices, "Do you want... pancakes or waffles for breakfast?"