II | IV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Four |

"What is this, Carlisle?" Iris asked tiredly as she laid down on a medical bed they quickly accommodated for

"What is this, Carlisle?" Iris asked tiredly as she laid down on a medical bed they quickly accommodated for. She instantly felt exposed and vulnerable as her stomach barely peeked out. If she was human she would've believed it was just food, making her bloated. However, between her now noticeable symptoms and that fact that Vampires can't become bloated or gain weight. Hell, the more she thought about it the more noticeable the signs became.

Her unusual repulsion to peanuts, sensitive breasts and the uncontrollable desire to constantly sniff her husband. Iris gulped as she thought about the amount of alcohol she consumed on Bella's bachelorette night. She hoped it wouldn't effect anything, seeing as she wasn't even slightly tipsy from the drinks.

Carlisle walked towards her with eyebrows furrowed in deep concern. In fact, that was the only visual inclination that he was worried. Iris hated the prospect of having an audience as they crowded by the door. Each of them wore varying expressions, she didn't want to stare at them for too long or she'd feel worse. Penelope being held in Alice's arms didn't help, either. The toddler could even sense the dire situation as she fidgeted and whined in Alice's arms. She was completely aware of Edward beside her, his fingers constantly running through her hair as she laid down. Iris felt utterly helpless.

"I didn't know this was possible," Carlisle muttered as he produced a large needle from a sterile blue mat. Iris stiffened in her position, glancing to Edward for some reassurance. "I just need a sample of your venom, maybe from the embryonic sac."

Edward held her hand in his own, squeezing it to give her some relief. "That needle won't be able to penetrate, Carlisle."

"I was thinking... only our teeth can bite through the flesh."

Iris clenched her eyes shut, trying to stop herself from shaking. She knew that bite would hurt like a bitch and she felt the walls closing in on her again. "Darling, calm down... I'll do it, I'll be gentle as I can." She stared at him for a good moment before nodding dejectedly. Iris couldn't chicken out now, they needed to know what was going on with her.