II | XVI

|| You, Me and Penny ||

| Chapter Sixteen |

"No, I think I want that pulled in a little more

"No, I think I want that pulled in a little more. Like, two feet." The constant banging of contrustion equipment echoed off of the exposed walls in Donna's Daises. Despite the shrill sound of a saw drilling through a solid block of wood, the supernaturals in the unfinished room could hear perfectly. Iris was dressed like the 'working woman in charge' she was. A pair of demin overalls with a plain white shirt, steel toe boots on her feet and a chubby baby in the strap-on carrier slung over her front.

Emmett listened as she instructed him where to place the room dividing block. The Cullen's with Colton deciding to tag along with this little extension project just because they needed something to do. Other than taking care of the new bundles of joy that had joined their family, having no need for sleep whatsoever became incredibly boring.

So far, the plan Edward made to expand the shop was just in the workrings. The mess it made, piles of dibris and trash, irked Iris's perfectionists side like nails on a chalk board. She had to rush to protect her plants when demolition day came and went. The Cullen men were overly eager about destroying things and she didn't want her botanical babies anywhere near their sludge hammers. Now, it was all about framing. Which also meant half of the shop would be exposed to the elements outside for a while.

Iris leant against a counter to fill out the city paper work for the work she was doing on the shop. The construction was already approved, but there were so fine details she had to turn in before the deadline. Donny, who had been somewhat calm, decided to belt out a cry. His fat cheeks puffed out as his lower lip wobbled. Iris instantly attended to him, bouncing up and down as she searched for his pacifier. "Shh, you're okay Don. Calm down."

Like most mothers, she didn't know why he was so upset. He wasn't hungry, she just fed him in the breakroom. She didn't smell anything alarming coming from him either. Maybe he was tired or wanted some attention? Even when she place the pacifier in his pouting lips, he whimpered.