II | X

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Ten |

"Leah, you can come inside

"Leah, you can come inside. You don't have to stay out there," Iris sighed tiredly as the gaggle of shapeshifters and an elemental all gathered around her dining table.

It was not much later after she found them conspiring in her backyard in the middle of the night. Now, it was late morning and she was still fatigued. Her bathrobe exchanged for a loose sundress, slippers transformed into her comfortable converse. She was anxious from before but, now she just wanted Leah to fully come into her house instead of making her comments ten feet away on her lawn.

Said female, shapeshifter scowled. No one mentioned the stubborn girl pacing outside until Iris spoke. She could see the benefit to walking through her doors, but it was enemy territory. The ultimate villains lair. Her pride wouldn't allow her to take a couple more steps and sit down with everyone else as they munched on the brunch Iris prepared for all of them. It felt weird, wrong and she wasn't budging.

"Yeah, these pancakes are delicious, Leah!" Seth pronounced, not very well in fact, as he stuffed his mouth full of the delectable breakfast food.

When Iris's request went unanswered, she shook her head. Rubbing her stomach was the only remedy she could get with all the tension in the room. She swore they were going to combust any minute. The stress and worry of it all wasn't good for the baby, for anyone for that matter. Especially when it was revealed the pack found out about Iris's pregnancy because they heard Embry's thoughts through the link. Accidents happen, but that didn't mean there weren't any consequences. Hell, they were paying for it right now.

Jacob was also mildly upset at Ava from keeping the secret from him for so long, but she made a promise to the ginger and she intended to keep it.

Edward tersely stood behind his wife's chair, his hands taunt as he thought of the risks and casualties if a fight ensued. Not only days ago, the pack warily welcomed Iris across the treaty line, her hybrid properties and friendly nature being the main reason. Yet, here they were switching the course of the tide. He didn't know who to trust, not that the pack were first on his list of comrades. They were still a somewhat reliable alliance. It had all gone down the drain now. No one would hurt his family, not one.