II | V

|| You, Me and Penny Green||

| Chapter Five |

"Alright kiddo, why have you called me here?" Iris's father eyed her suspiciously as they sat in the living room together

"Alright kiddo, why have you called me here?" Iris's father eyed her suspiciously as they sat in the living room together. There was something different about her, he just felt it. Whether it be her aura or attitude, she wasn't the same as the last time they've spoken.

Iris fiddled with her thumbs, settling into the couch to get comfortable. She didn't respond until Edward came back in the room with a bowl of freshly cut up fruits. He sat beside his wife, resting his arm behind her head as he handed her the bowl. She smiled appreciatively at him, not even realizing she was starting to get peckish.

Arthur watched the interaction with the utmost scrutiny, paying close attention to the way Iris brightened at the sight of food. That wasn't out of the ordinary, he thought and Edward fought off a smile threatening at his lips. After biting a few pieces of cantaloupe, Iris finally came up for air, swallowing nervously as sent Arthur a tight-lipped smile. "Dad- "

"Oh no, you called me Dad... What's going on," Arthur expected the worst, slightly directing his glare towards Edward for an explanation. Said immortal subconsciously leaned closer to his wife for fear of his father in-law's wrath.

Edward stuttered over his words, scratching the back of his neck as he suddenly struggled to find the words. Iris scoffed and rolled her eyes, not seeing what the big fuss was about. They were married for god's sake, if they were human, this news would be expected. Straightening out her shoulders, she swallowed her apprehension and stared her father in the eye.

"I'm pregnant."

Arthur blinked, slowly taking his glare off of Edward to his daughter. His eyebrows furrowed together as he leant back into the couch. Iris couldn't guess his proper reaction, seeing he wore an excited expression as he rubbed his beard. He appeared like he was waiting for something, another shoe to drop. "...That's it?"