II | III

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Three |

The newly weds were gone

The newly weds were gone. Off on an extravagant honeymoon to do things that would make Iris have disgusting nightmares. Luckily she forced her thoughts to more...pleasant things as she awoke the next day. She wanted to be lazy today, lay in bed with her comfy night gown on as she read a dramatized book. Penelope usually sleeps in till nine now, and it was just passed seven when her eyes fluttered open. She had time to kill.

However, apparently Edward had other plans. Plans to lure her out of the comfy confines of her bed with the sweet smell of freshly brewed coffee. She knew his tricks, he did this often and the thought made her pout. Plus, she was hungry, for a bloody bite and human food.

With a groan, she slid out of bed and padded towards their bathroom to pee. On the way, she pulled her hair into a bun, passing the floor length mirror as she hummed.

Until she paused.

Backing up slowly, Iris did a double take at herself in the mirror. Something... something was visibly different about her. Her speckled eyes glanced over her head, taking in her everyday bright complexion and vibrant hair. No, that wasn't it, she thought. Continuing down she ghosted over her freckles and pouty lips. Her neck and collarbone seemed exactly as it was so she kept accessing herself. There was something bothering her, like a 'spot the difference puzzle' she couldn't solve.

As her gaze stopped on her mid section, she froze. Her eyes widened slightly and she turned counter-clockwise to get a better angle. There, in the mirror, was a little, rounded bump protruding from her abdomen. Suddenly her mouth felt unbelievably dry and scorched. If her heart was still beating she swore it would stop at that moment.

With careful hands, she lifted her pink night gown above her chest. A small gasp came from her lips at the sight of her creamy skin stretching at an almost, maternal shape. She knew what this was immediately, of course she did. She's been through this before, it wasn't new. Except last time, she was showing like this was when she already figured it out and second, she wasn't an immortal being that was known for it's inability to produce new life.