Prologue

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Prologue |

"So I'll just leave you guys to it," Iris whistled lowly after observing the boys working hard to build Bella and Colton's home

"So I'll just leave you guys to it," Iris whistled lowly after observing the boys working hard to build Bella and Colton's home. Although she loved the brunette with all her heart, she was glad she stuck with getting her a first addition book for a wedding present. The busy ginger checked off her handy-dandy to do list and scampered out of the, supposed, front door. The frame of the house still being constructed.

As she hurried off of the completed front deck, her speckled orbs spotted a handsome, married man looking over blue prints in the yard. She skipped to his side and planted a chaste kiss to his cheek just as he grinned in greeting. "Alright darling, I'm off."

"Do go easy on her, you this is not her thing and you can get...intense sometimes," Edward wrapped his arms around Iris's waist as she pouted, childishly.

"Bells will be fine," she drawled, exaggerating the 'E'. Edward didn't look convinced in the least but did not say anything further. He placed the pencil in his hand behind his ear and dipped down to kiss her smirking lips, nipping her bottom lip, playfully. "Don't be out too late, I still miss my wife you know."

She had been extremely busy with planning her best friends wedding day. Since Bella was not the ideal bridezilla, it made planning easier for the ginger. However. there were many details that needed to be checked off before the big day. Much like the dress fitting this afternoon.

"Mhm, make sure Penny gets to sleep early tonight. She's going through a growth spurt." Iris waved him off with a smile, yelping when he swatted her bum as she walked away. He wasn't sorry, she didn't even have to look back to know he was watching her hips sway. The ginger spotted a familiar head of long brunette hair as they sat underneath a tree and scrawled onto a note pad with shaky fingers. Instantly, Iris felt a pang of protection come over her.

Bree had become closer to the Cullens ever since Jane decide to show mercy. Iris and Colton gravitated towards her like they were siblings from the beginning. To the dirty blonde, Bree was another little sister to look after and Iris, the sister she always wanted after dealing with an older brother for all those years. Iris also turned into her animal diet advisor, seeing as the newborn was still struggling with her urges. The ginger looked after her, which Bree mutely appreciated.

"Bree, are you coming with me?" The newborn perked in her spot, brunette hair flying as she set her shading pencil down. Bree longed to get out on the town when she could contain herself, maybe get some inspiration to sketch. In the next second, she was standing right beside the ginger, piling into the passenger seat of her car soundlessly. She didn't talk much, mostly kept her thoughts to herself. However, Iris figured she would blossom later on.

"We're going to Bella's last dress fitting. There won't be too many people there but if you're having trouble, make sure you let me know, okay?" Iris laid her foot on the accelerator as she sped down the road, every now and then peering at Bree beside her. The brunette nodded along, eyes focused on the passing trees as she fumbled with her fingers. Iris knew she was missing something yet she couldn't put her finger on it. When she glanced over Bree's face, she instantly remembered.

"Oh, before I forget." She reached over the passenger seat and opened the glove compartment to pull out a small box. "Your contacts came in, you'll have to change them every two hours though."

Bree took the box in her hands and pulled down the car mirror to pop them in. Her eyes twitched at the feeling and she squinted at the dulled effect it had on her vision. "Thanks, but they sort of... suck," she murmured with a frown on her lips to which Iris laughed. Bree still had her teenage charm.

"I know right? But just think of it as theatre makeup for a little while, like you're playing a part." Bree glanced up, with new murky brown eyes, in surprise.

"How did you know I liked plays?" The ginger shrugged with a small smile as she turned the next corner towards the boutique.

"I didn't, but I saw that you gravitate to any and all types of art so I just figured. We can see a play, just you and me, sometime if you would like that, I enjoy the grandness of it all... Reminds me of a parental figure of mine. We used to watch those old-theatric movies together," Iris bit her lip as she parallel parked the car. Thinking of Donna was always something that pulled on her heart strings and she couldn't control the overwhelming emotions washing over her. It was unexpected to the point she was shock a few tears leaked passed her lids. She quickly wiped them away.

"What happened, you don't do that anymore?" The ginger's lips quirked at the corners.

"Mm, she's gone to be somewhere else," She breathed. Bree nodded solemnly, getting exactly what she was insinuating. It made the newborn reminiscent of her old life, though she didn't do much with it, then. Now, at least she had friends who cared to share her interests. At least she wasn't going through this change alone.

"C-can we go... to a show together?" Iris shook herself from her thoughts, blinking out of a daze. She sighed wistfully as she took the keys out of the ignition with a sad smile on her lips.

"I'd like that. Now, come on before Alice jumps on my wedding for being late. Lord knows I slaved my ass over this just for Alice to take charge." And that was the first time Iris heard Bree genuinely laugh. She felt accomplished.

 She felt accomplished

Unedited.

WHOOO we're kicking off Break Dawn with some Bris bonding! Bree Tanner personality wasn't really well rounded in her solo book in my opinion, so I added to her character. I hope you like this version of her so far, she's going to be really creative and she doesn't have any "Gifts" like Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie. 

Chapter one will be posted in a couple hours, working really hard to get it done guys!